Hello from the Hoosier state!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ice9

Reaction score
Howdy everybody,

I just bottled my first batch of homebrew this evening and I'm already planning more!!!!

I've wanted to make my own beer for years, and I finally discovered the local HBS a little over a week ago. One visit was all it took, I went out and bought a brew pot that night, and went back there the next day to get the rest of my starter equipment.

I went with my local stores advice for a first beer and just did an EDME extract kit.
I went with the red ale and used another can of light LME per the stores suggestion.
It smelled great when I bottled it, so I'm excited to see how it turns out over the next few weeksas it ages a little and carbonates.

I've already purchased the ingredients for my next brew which will be Cheesefood's Caramel Creme Ale. I just had to try it after reading that thread twice! I'm sure there's Apfelwein in my future as well.....

I've learned a lot over the last week and a half that I've been reading the board and I'm looking forward to hanging out and learning even more as my brewing skills progress!

Ice9

Welcome Ice9

What part of indiana are you from.. I'm from the Evansville area.

One year ago today I brewed my first beer, a Extract Pale ale (Still have a sixpack) didn't like it much.......

With the help of this board in the last year I've made 100 gals. of beer (20, 5 gals batches) and started all grains after my 4th. batch, and kegg now, so I don't have to fuss with the bottles if I don't want to, again with the help of this board..

I hope you get as much help and assistance as I did.. Just ask.

Good luck
Don

Welcome to the Hobby and the forum, good to see the Hoosiers starting to show up around here! Where are you at in IN, I am down in Bloomington. Any help or suggestions that we can give feel free to ask, we are a pretty friendly and knowledgeable group.

Cheers

Good to see some hoosiers on this board. I am currently in WV but I am moving back in a week or so. Will be busy with the new house but can't wait to brew back in my home state.

"Hoosier by birth, Boilermaker by the grace fo God."

Back