Hello From Texas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKW

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been reading for a while here and decided to go ahead and get logged in, as it were.
I'm based in The Colony, Texas (DFW area), and have recently started homebrewing.
My first was a New Castle style Brown Ale kit, and I immediately upgraded to a 7 gallon boil pot and added a carboy for secondary fermentation. Just bottled the second brew, An Irish Red called "Eric the Red" by the magazine I got the recipe from. Had a brain fart moment when I needed to cool the wort down. Since I was doing the full boil I couldn't add ice like I did with the kit, but we got it down with a bathtub full of Ice water and I set up plans for some sort of chiller.

I decided on a CounterFlow Chiller and built it myself for about 50 bucks, with no soldering. Of course then I had to brew another batch even though I haven't even Cracked the first bottle of the Red yet. So I set out to write my own recipe. We'll see how successfull it ends up being , for now we'll leave it at this: it's an Rosemary(the herb) IPA that came out a bit to amber in color to be IPA.

Anyway that's my brewer's profile in a snapshot, new to the lifestyle but making plenty of headway. If you want to you can check out my blog. Fair warning it isn't just a brew blog so there's no telling what you might find.

Looking forward to the rest,
RKW out

Howdy from McKinney. I'm a relative newbie too. Maybe we can do a brew day sometime. By the way, I vote for One Stalk Brewery. Simple. I'm going with Strange Brew Brewery for mine, if it matters!

Welcome fellow Texan!

I just started HomeBrew myself and I'm having a fantastic time.

Back