Hello from Terre Haute, IN

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyguy0313

Reaction score
Hello,
I just bought my first beer making kit from a groupon that came with nearly everything for a good price. As we speak, I am brewing my first beer which was in a ingredient kit for a German Oktoberfest. I'm brand new, and don't know a whole lot, but do know that I want to start doing this more and more, and eventually move to a kegging system as I already have a converted chest freezer with Blue Moon on Tap, and a Johnson Controls Digital thermostat conversion for ultimate accuracy. Would like to upgrade my beer making kit, but feel that I will have to do this piece by piece, as the kit just came with a plastic fermenter and no glass carboy. Cheers!

Austin

sounds like you are off to a good start Austin!

Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you

I grew up in Paris, Il just across the border from you

I have relatives in that area,Rockville,etc. Was a nice area last time I was there. And boy,were those 4th of July keggers a party! PBR was the order of the day...

Good to be here guys! The first brew turned out ok! My interest has grown significantly and have purchased Beersmith and am playing around with my next batch which will hopefully be a good Three Floyd's GumballHead, from around the Chicago area. If you haven't tried it, I definitely suggest giving it a shot, if you can find it! So yea, I think the days of PBR are definitely over!! LOL The partsmancometh, my father used to live in Paris, it's a nice smaller town - The Walmart is outstanding! hahaha. Unionrdr, that's also a nice area, love the Turkey Run Park for hiking and canoeing! You guys have a great day, and as always Happy Brewing!

Cheers!

Glad to hear you are enjoying the hobby! 3 Floyd's is definitely worth visiting if you make it that far north. We made a point to stop there on our beer vacation a few summers ago

Latest posts

Back