Hello from San Antonio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilwiggum

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I signed up a couple weeks ago but realized I never introduced myself. I started homebrewing in 1997 in college and didn't start again until a few months ago. I was living in Wisconsin during this time and was so busy drinking all the local beers I didn't find time to homebrew. Now that I'm in SA, I have found the time.

I've found alot of great info on this site because it seems someone has posted (and been answered) every question I come up with. Great community and hopefully I can help out too eventually.

Hmmm, well I bottled a California Common and a Cream Ale in the last two weeks so with winter approaching, it's gonna be something dark. I'm thinking a sweet stout or some type of porter. I'm trying to get my technique down before I tackle the Chimay clone kit from AHS I've got my eye on.

Welcome to the forums from a wisconsinite with my dad in San Antonio. Good luck with cooling your wort with that 80F tap water!

HAHA, you have nailed my biggest issue right now! I never seem to have enough ice for icebaths and I think I'd need a prechiller if I go the wort chiller route. I'm finding with a combination of an icebath and making ice cubes from plastic baggies filled with filtered water, I can get the wort cooled in a somewhat reasonable time.

Hello all! Names Nicole and I'm from a small town called Rockhampton in Queensland Australia.
Happy to get acquainted with you!Thanks!

Latest posts

Back