Hello from Orlando!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NeozazMatt

Reaction score
Hello from Orlando - possibly the worst place to cool wort and keep fermentation temps consistent! But besides that, this is the still possibly the best hobby I've taken up in years. Started 10 months ago and don't see me dropping it anytime soon! Looking forward to learning more here as I read and post.

Welcome. Yes - it's the best hobby there is. The only one I know of where you end up with beer.

Temp control isn't that hard. You can use fermentation chamber, swamp cooler, or cool brewing bag. For swamp cooler or cool brewing bag I'm assuming you have AC - otherwise it could be pretty hard.

Welcome to the forum, from Minnesota!

Do a swamp cooler. Big plastic tub with cold water. Freeze water in a bunch of 16oz plastic pop bottles and drop some in the water as needed. For wort chilling, if you use an IC, you can put together an ice water recirculation system. Lots of discussion threads here on the subject.

Welcome to the forum, from Orlando, FL!

I use a chest freezer to maintain fermentation temps. Belgians and Saisons are good to brew here if you can keep your house at 75º or lower until you can invest in a fermentation chamber.

Thanks everyone - I've been managing to keep temps pretty under control so far, but I'll also want to be increasing the amounts I make each brew so all this is a great help. Thanks!

Back