Cheers from Denver!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironton Brewing

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been home brewing for 7-8 years, and have been a lurker here for nearly as long. We just finished renovating our basement and I was lucky enough to build out my dream brewery! I've taken the hobby to the next level and am now going by Ironton Brewing!

New equipment consists of a Spike 20G bottom drain Trio system, a Spike CF15 conical fermenter, an SS Brewtech 1/5HP glycol chiller, and all the bells and whistles to go along! It's exciting to "come out" and become a contributing member; I've still got plenty to learn from everyone!

IMG_0030.JPEG

Cheers! 🍺

Hi all,

I've been home brewing for 7-8 years, and have been a lurker here for nearly as long. We just finished renovating our basement and I was lucky enough to build out my dream brewery! I've taken the hobby to the next level and am now going by Ironton Brewing!

New equipment consists of a Spike 20G bottom drain Trio system, a Spike CF15 conical fermenter, an SS Brewtech 1/5HP glycol chiller, and all the bells and whistles to go along! It's exciting to "come out" and become a contributing member; I've still got plenty to learn from everyone!

View attachment 835972

Cheers! 🍺
Welcome to the gang!

You say you got plenty to learn, but certainly not setting up a great brewing system and brewery! Impressive!

Ironton, hope we cross paths. Really nice set up!!
How are you dealing with steam? Venting or condensing?
Have you considered joining a club?
Hey! I’ve got the steam condensing lid from Spike brewing. It works great, but I also have a small window and a 300 cfm exhaust fan so I’d like to try that over the condenser in the future.

I plan to join the Brew Hut/Dry Dock homebrew club one I get a few more batches under my belt.

Cheers!

Wow!!!!!!! Now that is a setup. In my retirement planning my wife has already agreed to allow me a shop/brewery when we look at property to get the heck out of California. That is the example I would for sure go by if I was going to set something up. Might be a bit more DIY as I know those kettles and all the do dads are a bit pricey, but you gotta a heck of a brewery there. Nice!!!!!

I’m guessing clubs; RockHoppers or ACBC both good folks. A couple FOTR members double up clubs with one them. It’s interesting how clubs take on a culture.
BTW the Brew Hut folks are great. I was in a couple weeks ago and Nick asked if I still wanted a bag of Chevallier special ordered, heck yea! Picked up 2 days later!
Steam condenser seems the way to go if you can; quiet and minimal heat loss in winter!

Back