Hello from Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LakewoodHomeBrew

Reaction score
New to the forum, although I've been reading for some time.

A bit about me: I'm fairly new to home brewing - one month in and two batches fermenting - however I am not completely new to brewing. I have done a half-dozen batches at local "Brew-on-Premise" establishments: 4 were following established recipes and the last two were creations of my own, pieced together from researching traditional pilsner-style recipes and some non-traditional alterations.

Hello to all!

J

Birdman, I am in Cincinnati too!

and Lakewood, my wife is from there!

Did you make your beers at The Brew Kettle in Strongsville before doing home brew?

cheers,

Remi

New to the forum, although I've been reading for some time.

A bit about me: I'm fairly new to home brewing - one month in and two batches fermenting - however I am not completely new to brewing. I have done a half-dozen batches at local "Brew-on-Premise" establishments: 4 were following established recipes and the last two were creations of my own, pieced together from researching traditional pilsner-style recipes and some non-traditional alterations.

Hello to all!

J

Welcome from Bryan Ohio.

welcome Lakewood! Nice to see the name, I was born there many moons ago, lived on Ogontz Avenue.

I'm from Lakewood myself. I & my wife's families are from opposite ends of Winchester Ave! I remember walking past Weiss pies on Madison Ave going down to Hallie's to see Mr. Jingaling when I was a little guy in the 50's.But,be careful around here,...you may learn somethin.

I lived in y-town for a couple years ago about 10 back. Still hang out there sometimes. In Pixburgh these days.

I had no idea a "Hello from Ohio" would spawn so many responses! To anyone local, are you members of any of the homebrew clubs?

I was thinking of checking out the Society of Northeast Ohio Brewers (S.N.O.B.), but haven't gotten to a meeting yet.

Back