Hello from Madison, Wisconsin!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craichead

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I just joined today so I figured I would say hello. I'm 33 and I'm a graduate student. In addition to brewing and drinking beer, I enjoy playing ice hockey and the guitar, watching hockey and football, grilling, and computers.

I am a long-time lover of craft brews, but I am relatively new to home brewing. I have only brewed a grand total of three batches. The first was drinkable, but the second two turned out really well. I am currently working on an American wheat along the lines of Bell's Oberon but with coriander added. I have a cornie keg, but no dispensing equipment, so I'm looking into purchasing that. Also, I just purchased a carboy, so with this batch I'll be doing my first secondary fermentation.

It looks like this is a great forum and I'm looking forward to being a part of it. :)

Welcome to this little corner of insanity we fondly call "brewing." I remember well wandering the busy bar-filled streets of Madison near the university in my younger days. Again, welcome!

glenn514:mug:

Thanks! It is a nice city. I just moved here for grad school last year, although I'm originally from Michigan.

So, is Madison a little crazy today after Scott Walker's win yesterday??? I'll bet the beer flowed like water last night!

So, is Madison a little crazy today after Scott Walker's win yesterday??? I'll bet the beer flowed like water last night!

Probably. I've been home since yesterday afternoon, but I'm sure there were plenty of people either drinking away their sorrows or celebrating. There's plenty of great beer in this area for it! :mug:

Back