Hello from Katy TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chromebrew

Reaction score
Hi guys, long time lurker, had a few and decided to post.

Ive probably got 30 batches behind me now and im completely hooked. Ive recently stepped into all grain, ive had a few top notch brews and some funkyness along the way. Tomorrow, after the Texans win :D, i plan on doing a Belgian Dubbel with a twist. Here is the base of my Dubbel:

http://brewedbyus.com/recipes/80-belgian-dubbel-all-grain-template/

Here is the twist, which i think i should should get some input on...

I sometimes have a hard time sleeping and occasionally i like to enjoy a nitecap. I plan on adding some herbal extracts during bottling. The plan is to dry hop with some chamomile and a touch of lavender, along with a few drops of Valerian extract when bottling. I have mixed some lavender into some tasting glasses and its so strong, im considering foregoing that part...I guess im going for a Nitecap Dubbel. Have any of you done something like this before? And what do you guys think of this Dubbel recipe?

Thanks everyone! :mug:

Welcome!

Two ideas: 1) make a tinxture of your herbs by soaking them in vodka and adding the tinxture at bottling or 2) make a tea of your herbs and adding them at bottling. Sounds like an interesting herb beer!

On different non-beer note, have you tried over-the-counter melatonin to help with your sleep? I find it helpful.

Did I meet you yesterday at the CIA meeting? There are about 125 homebrewers in Katy that meet irregularly to taste and BS, if you didn't already know that. You can find them on Facebook as the Cane Island Alers.

I have talked to Calebawilson through some PMs, i am very interested in CIA and i plan on showing up soon! Thanks for the heads up. i avoid FB but i know where to find you guys :D

That's a great idea. Having a few beers a few hours before I want to go to bed puts me to sleep anyway.

Back