Hello from Jersey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irish

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

A Jersey guy checking in. I stumbled upon this forum in searching for info about getting a home brew setup together. I've been lurking and reading for a while and thought I'd join up and say thanks to those who put all of the FAQ and reference info together. I'll hopefully be ordering some basic equipment soon enough (thanks to this site I'll be skipping over Mr Beer in lieu of a decent starter kit :D ) - can't wait to get started!

:mug:

You are in the heart of craft brew and homebrewing as far as Jersey is concerned. JJ Bitings, Uno, and Harvest Moon are all within a couple mile radius. The WHALES brewclub meet at Bitings and the CNJ beerfest on 9/20/08 is right at parker press park in Woodbridge. Welcome!

i used to spin over at the funky monkey and the dark horse lounge over in morristown, goodtimes over there

Thanks for the welcome guys, nice to see some local brewers around!

You are in the heart of craft brew and homebrewing as far as Jersey is concerned. JJ Bitings, Uno, and Harvest Moon are all within a couple mile radius. The WHALES brewclub meet at Bitings and the CNJ beerfest on 9/20/08 is right at parker press park in Woodbridge. Welcome!

Definitely! I work right down the street from Uno's, they have a great happy hour, and I get out to Bitings on occasion as well, usually during MNF season. Thanks for the heads up on the beerfest, I think I'll try to get a ticket to that.

A quick question for you jersey guys - are there any good home brew equipment supply stores in the area, or are the online stores the best option? I've searched around a little but have come up empty so far with regards to local stores.

Brewer's Apprentice in Freehold is the only reasonable drive for us but I lean on mailorder more than 90% of the time. Before the last big grain group buy, I would get a sack or two from BA. If you're even semi serious about brewing and think you'll stick with it, I highly recommend checking out the WHALES club. www.whalesclub.org

Brewer's Apprentice in Freehold is the only reasonable drive for us but I lean on mailorder more than 90% of the time. Before the last big grain group buy, I would get a sack or two from BA. If you're even semi serious about brewing and think you'll stick with it, I highly recommend checking out the WHALES club. Woodbridge Homebrewers Ale & Lager Enthusiast Society

Thanks Bobby, that's what I figured. God bless the internet, it feeds my hobbies! :D

Once I get some equipment in and get a brew or two under my belt I'll have to check out the WHALES, looks like a good time.

BTW, I checked out the videos, sites & threads in your sig - all great stuff, thanks for the information. You've got some awesome "toys" :cool:

Back