Hello from Iowa

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GingerBeer515

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but I've been brewing for a couple of years now. I taught myself, with help from LHBS employees, kits, and The Complete Joy of Homebrewing. I'm really excited for a chance to talk to and learn from other homebrewers since I don't personally know anyone who brews and my non-brewing friends have grown tired of hearing me talk about it.

I've been brewing about twice a month lately, 2 5 gallon batches at a time, with the assistance of my bf. We're in the process of upgrading to a bigger system. Got 4 kegs on tap at his house, and have to brew enough to keep bottles at my place too! I'm really trying to hone my brew skills enough so that when I try wierd things, at least I know why it works (or doesn't!) Looking forward to reading as many threads as possible!

Stacie

Welcome, Johnston here.

We have a pretty good shop in Des Moines. I spend way too much time/money at Beer Crazy.

Ankeny here. There are a couple really decent clubs around town. And we now have a LHBS up here too. Welcome!

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

I love doing 2.5G batches. I have a 6G pot and do BIAB. I just brewed an IPA with my homegrown hops last weekend. Small batches give lots of opportunities to experiment. Lots less work than doing my 10G or 15G batches on my "big" system.

Back