Hello from Illinois

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gusmedic

Reaction score
Greetings. I'm Gus from northern Illinois. My first batch of brew has been fermenting for 10 days now. This forum has been an absolute treasure trove of info. I can't wait to get back to my LHBS and get more ingredients to do my second batch. Thanks to everyone who takes the time and patience to answer people's questions, even if they may seem comical to an experienced brewer.
Gus

Every experienced Brewer started out as a noob once. Even the experienced brewers are constantly learning and adapting, and using these forums as a guide. Welcome! Also from Northern IL. Been AG for a few years now and starting to work on the parts for my kegorator. Are you starting on extract? What is your first brew?

Every experienced Brewer started out as a noob once. Even the experienced brewers are constantly learning and adapting, and using these forums as a guide. Welcome! Also from Northern IL. Been AG for a few years now and starting to work on the parts for my kegorator. Are you starting on extract? What is your first brew?

My first batch in a Brewers Best American Pale Ale kit. It was all LME with some specialty grains. Keeping it simple. It's an exciting hobby and it's very easy to want to run before you walk. I'm already planning for my kegorator and what brewing equip upgrades I could use. But for the mean time I'm just planning on getting a few kits under my belt to really learn the X's & O's.

Hi, if you want to meet some other locals, you can go to Chicago Home Brewers Group, or find us on Facebook.

My first batch in a Brewers Best American Pale Ale kit. It was all LME with some specialty grains. Keeping it simple. It's an exciting hobby and it's very easy to want to run before you walk. I'm already planning for my kegorator and what brewing equip upgrades I could use. But for the mean time I'm just planning on getting a few kits under my belt to really learn the X's & O's.

That's very intuitive for a new brewer. So often it seems that new brewers want to jump in to complex brews without nailing down processes and techniques. I was one of them. It wasn't until I admitted that a beer I made wasn't any good that I was able to begin making necessary changes. I hope your Pale turns out.

Latest posts

Back