New Cider Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YeastFarmer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm a self proclaimed hobby collector. On a whim one weekend my wife and I decided that it would be neat to brew our own cider. Having traveled to the UK, I grew to really like all the different kinds out there. So we headed to our local brew store where we bought a starter kit the store had put together. We are "YouTube Certified" 😂 and that is the extent of our knowledge. This site has been a treasure trove of info and I'm happy to be a part of it.

I have a 5 gallon batch nearly done with primary. Itching to finish this thing and try other variations.

I'm wanting to bottle condition with AJ concentrate which of course is fructose. I can't seem to find a priming calculator that lists fructose. Any help on how to calculate this?
Also, after priming, to a certain CO volume, does that desired volume always match a specific gravity before starting the bottle carb?

Last edited:
welcome :bigmug: , perhaps posting the question in the cider forum will give you the priming info you need . I just checked the calculator I use and the info was not there ... but I'm not a cider maker . Good Luck

Back