Hello From Fuquay Varina

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJBrew710

Reaction score
Hey All,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm A.J. and I live in Fuquay Varina, NC, a city outside of Raleigh. I've been reading about homebrewing for 2 years. My wife and I finally moved out of our small apartment into an awesome house, so now I have the space and can finally starting brewing! For my first brew, I got an Irish Red Ale that was put together by my local homebrew store. I'm getting ready to rack it over to the secondary this Saturday. I look forward to getting to talk to you all!

Cheers :mug:

-A.J.-

Hi all from Sanford. Glad to see there are so many people in the area that brew their own beer. I'm getting ready to brew an Irish Red AG my self in about an hour. Let us all know how yours turns out.

Fuquay Varina. Wow. I know sort of where that is...

Do you all go to the LHBS in Raleigh or is there another one locally of which I am unaware.

Durham, NC

There isn't a LHBS in Fuquay Varina. I go to American Brewmaster in Raleigh. It's about 30 minutes from where I live, and only 15 minutes from where I work, so I go during my lunch break if I need anything. Even if I had to drive 30 minutes regardless, it would be well worth it. I've only been there a few times so far, but everybody I met has been great...

Agreed completely. I wasn't sure what the etuquette might be about mentioning vendors by name on the board which is why I didn't ask about them outright. They are very good.

I live probably 10 minutes from the LHBS in Durham but have not been. I was not at all impressed with their website and that now factors into my decision whether to visit a store or not given limited free time.

Maybe we should arrange a local meet up or something down the road here. I have nothing to offer as yet becasue nothing I have made has aged sufficiently. This board is a great resource but there is nothing like watching others and talking to them to learn how to do something.

Back