Hello from Chicago (Soon to be Minneapolis)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobblebottom

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm Dylan (wobble if you prefer), and I have never brewed a batch of beer or anything for that matter in my life. I plan on starting to brew when I move to MN which is at the end of the year. I've been lurking in this forum (unregistered until today) for quite some time, reading, and learning what I can. I am a huge fan of DIY stuff, and DIY beer sounds like heaven to me. So, I'll see you all on the boards!:cross: :cross: :cross: :cross:

welcome - lots of Chicago people hee too. You'll be moving to the HB mecca, so you'll be in good shape

Thanks! I got interested in HB when I lived in Australia from 2004-2005. A friend of mine there made his own Czech pale ales, and they astonished me. He also made some kind of chocolatey porter type brew whose name I cannot recall. The beer I love beyond all others is Coopers Sparkling Ale. It was the first beer given to me, and I was in love right off the bat. I think devising a way to clone that beer will fill me with joy.

A side point, is there a good starting HB kit to get started with, and is "The Complete Joy of Homebrewing" by Charlie Papazian as good as they say? Thanks everyone!

Welcome!

when you move to minneapolis, swing into Midwest Supplies to pick up your gear, super good prices and a ton of helpful people working there. they make decent kits too if thats what your going to start out with.

once you get going well have to swap some home brews!

Thanks! I'll probably be living in the Phillips neighborhood when I move. It's cheap over there, and I have a bunch of friends who own houses, so hopefully I can find a house of my own.

Back