Hello from CA...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Brand new aspiring brewer here. so new, in fact, that I am still waiting on my equipment to deliver. In the mean time I'm putting the grey matter to work digesting Joy of Home Brewingand How to Brew

After a recent discussion with a good friend that recently joined the homebrewing ranks, I decided it was my time as well.

Looking forward to learning/discussing the "art of beer" and can't wait to get my first batch fermenting. :mug:

Welcome MallardStacker, Im new to the forum too, bout to make my first brew. Im using the superior brew kit from learntobrew.com, partial mash kit from homebrewers outpost and a turkey fryer for the brewing process. What are you gonna use, brew? let me know how it goes...

hanford has one helluva walmart. the mall has seen better days thou.

Oh yeah welcome its a great hobby and alot of good advice on HBT

Welcome MallardStacker, Im new to the forum too, bout to make my first brew. Im using the superior brew kit from learntobrew.com, partial mash kit from homebrewers outpost and a turkey fryer for the brewing process. What are you gonna use, brew? let me know how it goes...

got the deluxe kit from NB to start with (anxiously waiting for it to deliver). It seemed to be a good choice and I have a friend that has used it with great success.

a friend of mine lived there for a little while. he said it was always hottern hell and pretty underdeveloped.

Not really underdeveloped now.... if you (or your friend) haven't been here in a few years... it has really changed. In the last 3-4 years Hanford has added: Lowes, Home depot, Super WM, several restaurants, huge target shopping center with several other new stores, etc.

What we don't have is a good selection of LHB stores nearby. I think there are a couple in Fresno but I haven't checked them out.

Not really underdeveloped now.... if you (or your friend) haven't been here in a few years... it has really changed. In the last 3-4 years Hanford has added: Lowes, Home depot, Super WM, several restaurants, huge target shopping center with several other new stores, etc.

What we don't have is a good selection of LHB stores nearby. I think there are a couple in Fresno but I haven't checked them out.

LHB in bakersfield is lenghtwise brewing but i pefer morebeer.com and their riverside store. nothing wrong with lengthwise but not really a LHB store.

Latest posts

Back