Hello...first time brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfshado

Reaction score
hello, Andrew here. After many years of hint dropping and downright begging my sons finally got me a starters brew kit and i just made my first batch of beer.

My question... How long did you stick to kits before moving on to more serious brewing methods?:mug:

Welcome to the obsession Andrew!
I personally did two ready made kits to start. One turned out good and the other not so good.
I then moved on to extract batches where I am pretty consistent in making (at least in my opinion) some decent beers.
After about a year and a half I am still doing extract batches but also steeping some specialty grains to try to make a better product.
My plan is to move on to all grain in the next year.

I think the basic answer is to progress at a pace you are comfortable with.

Hey guys
I did my first full mash today and it went well. 2 months of gearing up and planning. Iv been brewing for about 6 years. Started with the can brews then started adding some hops. Moved to extract brewing with great results. An now moved to all grain. It is addictive all I think about now is how to better the process and recipe.
Iv even got my liquid yeast cultures going now.
If you love great beer the sky is the limit

Latest posts

Back