Hello All!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vex3521

Reaction score
I'd lurked a bit before joining in and figured it's past time to say hello to all! I'm new to brewing, started with meads and am moving into metheglin and cyser. We're anticipating a move so when that's done (or if we're caught here longer than expected) I'll be starting into beers as well!

Right now I'm just doing 1gal batches and keeping some pretty decent logging while things progress so I know recipes or ingredients that need tweaking or staying away from in the future! And also small batch I think will be easier to pack out and move since I'd hate to lose all that work!

Had friends that were very into home brewing when I did reenactment so I got my introduction then, sadly I no longer participate but doesn't mean I can't bring in old aspects! Finding it really enjoyable and makes me look forward to moving more so I can get everything set up with our own hives again along with home grown ingredients. More work, sure but I know it'll be really rewarding!

Welcome I'm new also I started making whiskey and have just began my brewing adventure. Looking forward to hearing more about brewing and making mead which if never had or made..

Thanks everyone! Getting set up I think is half the fun and planning future expansion with the move is something I'm enjoying but finding could be something that gets expensive. Especially considering the more time I have to research so I don't buy something that's "cheap" and then have the cost of replacing it later with something more spendy if it were to break or fail when I could have done it right the first time. Long run it saves money at least from other hobbies standpoint so I'm really keeping that in mind here.

Thanks everyone! Getting set up I think is half the fun and planning future expansion with the move is something I'm enjoying but finding could be something that gets expensive. Especially considering the more time I have to research so I don't buy something that's "cheap" and then have the cost of replacing it later with something more spendy if it were to break or fail when I could have done it right the first time. Long run it saves money at least from other hobbies standpoint so I'm really keeping that in mind here.

You can keep it simple if you choose to. It's up to you. Even "doing it right" doesn't have to be expensive. Enjoy setting things up.

Latest posts

Back