Heady Topper Misadventure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBill

Reaction score
Wife and kids were away so I figured it was time for a trip up to VT to grab some Heady Topper and Hill Farmstead. Modern day Smokey and the Bandit minus one Trans Am. I left south of Boston @ 8 to get to Alchemist right @ 11 when it opened.... Was pumped to see no one there until I saw the NO BEER SIGN... Apparently first time in a while they ran out.... I had checked FB/Twitter but posts about running out were after I checked. Called around and found one place that had some (Limit 1 four pack).... Had to circumnavigate a 4th of july parade to get there with the last quarter mile on foot (Yeah that type of day)... I checked a few other places on my way to Hill Farmstead but they were all out (FYI if they had any they would be limit 1 or 2). I got a bunch of stuff at Hill Farmstead so all in all a good day. (Drinking Abner as we speak).

So in sum... if your driving up Cannery is best bet (one store actually told me as such) and check the website.... RIGHT before you leave!

Heading to alchemist on Monday I know there's a 3 case limit but I'd be willing to swap some for any of the HF you got. Turns out they're closed the whole time I'm there.

I have a couple of buddies coming over tomorrow to try all the Growlers i picked up so I will have to pass on trading... I will add a ton of places have HF in tap in the area... see link

http://www.hillfarmstead.com/where-to-find-our-beer/

I was going to grab a bite to eat before driving home so I asked Shawn where was the closest place that served HF and he listed what taps they had (was basically everything you could get in Growlers and then Walden). So while you won't be able to take any home you can at least try it....

Heading to alchemist on Monday I know there's a 3 case limit but I'd be willing to swap some for any of the HF you got. Turns out they're closed the whole time I'm there.

sheesh - lucky dog

need anything from Idaho:p Heady is so dang good - wish I could get a hold of some

They can on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. This week because of the bottle release @ HF they ran out on 6/28 @ 14:18 per their twitter. Normally they don't have the 3 case limit that I am aware of, only because of the bottle release. I talked to people who had just gotten like 6+ cases on Thursday.

Back