Headed to Denver

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Headed to Denver next week and need beer recommendations.

I have been to CO a few times and have hit some of the highlights but looking for more information on breweries without big name recognition.

I have a few beers I'm going to be on the look out for:

Cheat Code - Cerebral brewing
Maui Waui - Altamont
Melvin IPA - Melvin brewing
Elevated IPA - La Cumbre

As you can see not only interested in beers brewed in CO but beers I can't get while I am home in Tennessee.

Obviously I'm a hop head - really enjoying NEIPAs and would love more recommendations on this style.

I also really enjoy Pale Ales - sours ( looking forward to some crooked Stave) - and don't mind a funky beer from time to time.

Leaving Wednesday - 8/30

Won't have too much time to visit breweries so if anyone has a bottle shop they recommend would greatly appreciate that as well. Staying in the North Capital Hill area.

Odd13 has some good NEIPAs, super fan, noob and hawaiian bartender. Pick up a six for sure. Funkwerks has sours, really enjoy Raspberry Provincial, though its big time on carbonation. Both are not local to Denver, but common in stores.

As far as stores, there are scores of them in the cap hill area and finding craft brew isn't a problem. Wish I could recommend a particular one, but I can't for that area.

To bad your not heading to Boulder because Avery would be one of the most impressive breweries you can go to.
crooked stave is in denver and well worth the trip get a charcuterie board and drink out of the " flux capacitor"

As far as stores, there are scores of them in the cap hill area and finding craft brew isn't a problem. Wish I could recommend a particular one, but I can't for that area.

Argonaut is on Colfax, the border of Cap Hill. Great selection for most of the beers you list plus Odd13 (awesome) and others.

Last edited:
Argonaut is on Colfax, the border of Cap Hill. Great selection for most of the beers you list plus Odd13 (awesome) and others.

Completely forgot about Argonaut.

crooked stave . . . the sour IPA is fantastic. The taproom is not real close, but its prob a 10 min uber ride at 8pm from n cap hill.

If your at the source for crooked stave, walk a block down and there's the great divide barrel bar. Nothing too special but worth a two minute walk. Just around the corner from there is mockery. It's a cool off little brewery with decent beer.

I'm sure there's a bunch of good small liquor store, but I always stop at Applejack when I'm there.

Odd 13 and from what I hear Woods Boss are making some banging NEIPA's. If you have the ability to make it out of Denver, I would recommend you try and make it to Weldwerks.

Back