Headed to Chicago...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProstheticHead

Reaction score
Me and 3 fellow beer lovers (actually 2 1/2) are heading to three Floyd's, Bells, and Founders for a Midwest brew tour. We have one day where well be in Chicago most of the day. Having never been there at all, there's a lot of options. We're looking at Half Acre, maybe Local Option, also saw a bar called the Hopleaf. Just wanted to get some feedback on the best places to get good beer. Maybe somewhere I haven't checked out yet. Thx

Piece(awesome new haven style pizza) and Revolution are my favorite beer producers in Chicago, and they are only one el stop away from each other. Haymarket is OK, but not in the same league as the former to suggestions, IMO.

Hop Leaf is my favorite beer bar, but it is pricey.

Hit up the Binnys in the south loop. 1132 S Jefferson St, Chicago, IL 60607
Its an awesome place to buy beer and they also have a dozen taps, typically with some rarities, but always very solid.

Do not miss 3Floyds its on the short list of truly great breweries in this country. The food is also very good. If you want to buy and 3F to take home, buying it at the brewpub is really your only safe bet.

Give me a brief Itinerary of your trip, sounds awesome. I have done a lot of similar travel and can probably offer other suggestions a long the way.

For breweries, you have Half Acre, Goose Island, Pipeworks, Two Brothers, the list keeps going.

For restaurants with great beer lists, The Map Room or Hopleaf are both great choices.

Also stop by Oddsides in South Haven, MI along the way if it makes sense.

Also in Chicago, Kuma's Corner usually has Zombie Dust on tap and some of the best burgers you'll find anywhere. It's crowded as hell though.

For breweries, you have Half Acre, Goose Island, Pipeworks, Two Brothers, the list keeps going.

For restaurants with great beer lists, The Map Room or Hopleaf are both great choices.

Cant believe I forgot Map Room, used to live around the corner.

You can walk from piece, to map room, to revolution.

Hopleaf is kind of pricy, I would disagree about haymarket, if you like Belgium style beers it's really good. The Maproom is always a great place as is the local option. As stated above go to Binny's on jefferson. They will have just about any local beer you want, including the elusive pipeworks, which is a must if your in town.

Has anyone been to Atlas Brewing yet?

Paddy Longs Beer and Bacon Pub has great beer and reasonable food prices.

Has anyone been to Atlas Brewing yet?

Paddy Longs Beer and Bacon Pub has great beer and reasonable food prices.

Along with other mentions such as Piece, Map Room, Haymarket, etc.

BANGERS & LACE (Wicker Park)
Individually regulated temp & psi on taps per style, use a Co2 and Nitro mix, knowledgeable staff, food/cocktail pairings for beer, Michelin rated

AU CHEVAL (West Loop)
Great beer selection, best burgers in chicago (move out of the way Kuma's), best picklebacks, across the street from Haymarket. It's worth the wait and worth paying $9 to add bacon to your burger.

Haven't been to Atlas, but tried two of their beers at a tasting of Chicago area craft brews. I really liked their pale ale and imperial stout. Their head brewer is a young guy and was really friendly at the tasting.

Latest posts

Back