Having fun in Arizona

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoshJoshua

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im Joshua, and I picked up my first all glass homebrew kit a week ago, and am 5 days into fermentation of my first wheat beer. Just wanted to say hello, and share my story.

My first brew mistake story. Thinking a airlock is good enough for the first 48hrs, and realizing 24hrs in I should have bought a blow off tube.

So all happy as can be Im off at work showing everyone pictures of my first brew, and them asking when the first tasting would be, I get a call from my girlfriend saying there's an emergency at the apartment. Turns out she woke up to the sound of something shattering on the kitchen floor, and she goes out to see a volcano of beer coming out of my 6gal carboy, and the airlock 10 feet from it. I tell her to send me a picture in which I start laughing hysterically. As soon as I get home she starts telling me its ruined and blah blah blah, her dad's brew never did that. Well I said Im keeping it, and said it should be fine. After reading some I ruined my brew threads, Im more that assured that it'll be fine.

So now Im just playing the waiting game, and will never set my carboy on carpet again.

Happy brewing.

DHW-Day%201.JPG

Wow, loved your story. The problem with all this is we generally start with carboys on our kitchen table and end up building a micro-brewery in our back yards. Can't wait to see the look on your girlfriends face when she goes to park her car in the garage someday and see's it wall to wall with Stainless Steel and no room for the car.

nano-brewery.jpg

Latest posts

Back