Have you tried anything new lately??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, great...another new hop for me to try! Yes please report back anyone who tries these...it will be a while before I can get a brew with this hop into my schedule...

I loved Maui Brewing's Coconut Porter, surprised me, I didn't have high expectations. How cool if that comes through in the hops.

I would like a pound or so if it works as described, I have a stout that I would toss these into as a late addition.

Who is Hop Hero, where are they located, and why is there no address or phone number anywhere on the website?

I will be looking for a follow-up on this hop!

Hop Hero says its an online store located in Sacramento CA...

I've decided to also do a single hop Porter with this hop just because the hop flavor profile sounds like it would be epic with roasted malts. Ill keep everyone posted on these brews.

Who is Hop Hero, where are they located, and why is there no address or phone number anywhere on the website?

I will be looking for a follow-up on this hop!

Seems odd that some little known store with scant contact info would be the only store to sell this hop.

So I'm still waiting for this beer to ferment but I can already tell this hop is unlike any hop I've ever used before.

My pale ale was just a simple recipe of two row with a dash of crystal for color.

The hops had a strong fruit floral smell throughout the boil and the finished wort tasted like pina colada with some tropical fruit.

I'm pretty stoked to try the finished beer out!

Okay guys I just tried the pale ale out and it tastes pretty cool. It has a lot of spicy citrus notes and a nice coco butter/ coconut flavor to it. Its very interesting. I decided against dry hopping it because this variety seems pretty oily. I'm thinking next time I'm going to mix it with simcoe to get a more tropical fruit/coconut taste.

I'm still waiting for the Porter to carb before I post on here.

I was told that the experimental variety called 6300 is similar to the chocolate coconut. Has anyone tried the 6300 out?

Back