Has anyone tried this to reduce foam (corney kegs)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfbf

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Hope you are all well.

Was just reading around on how to reduce foam when kegging. And saw this, not sure if anyone has any thoughts

http://myadventuresinbrewing.blogspot.com/2009/07/too-much-foam.html

(I don't like having too much line and I struggle to get the beer cold enough, so I figured this may work?

The main issue I had last time was too much sediment and way too much foam (i.e 3/4 of a pint of foam). So I was thinking cut half an inch off the tube and try a couple of them. Any other ideas would be great though :mug:

I use these bayonet's or epoxy stir sticks in all of my kegs. They are sold from McMaster's as stated in the referred blog post and there is also a couple posts about them on this forum.

I use two per keg and they provide a great pour at 12psi with picnic taps. No exceessive foam and a great pour every time.

The key to a good pour is a balanced system, and the epoxy mixers will help increase resistance if your lines are too short. As for the sediment, it usually settles out nicely while the keg is carbonating. The first half glass is full of yeast, and then it pours crystal clear unless the keg gets shaken up somehow.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/cure-your-short-hose-troubles-100151/

Thanks for all your replies, seems a great solution

Anyone know where I might find one of these in the UK?

It's my understanding that if you are going to decrease the flow; your best results will be from a decrease in pressure as close to the tap as possible (some kind of clamp). You can also use smaller diameter hose.

John Palmer and Jamil Zainasheff kind of threw this method out the window on a podcast on Brew Strong; pouring the perfect pint, or somethign like that.

Latest posts

Back