Has anyone brewed with mango?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blakimal

Reaction score
At what point did you add the mango in boil? We are brewing a belgiun pale with mango! Any thoughts

I also used mango in the secondary. Basically pureed it, then boiled it to sanitize, then placed it into a grain bag into the secondary. Grain bag allows easy extraction after re-fermentation is complete so you can rack into a 3rd vessel for clarification. Base beer was an American IPA -- turned out to be a great beer for an odd combination!

Brew with Mango?

Can you know the mighty ocean?

Can you lasso a star from the sky?

No!

Such is Mango.

mango-snl.jpg

Also, I am very sorry. But it leaped into my head, and I had to inflict/share it with someone sle.

I made lambic style beer with mango. I used about 10lbs in a 5 gallons. The yeast ate all the mango flavour. Still a good beer though.

I made a mango pale ale with 2 bags of frozen mango chunks in secondary. Came out good, but really dry. I didn't get a lot of "mango" taste, just a hint. You could smell it though. If you are going for mango taste, I wouldn't leave it in secondary too long. Maybe a week and then cold crash it to keep some of the mango sugars.

Good luck.

I brewed an APA with Citra hop for dry hopping and I thought it tasted like mango when it was fresh. As it aged it changed to more like grapefruit but that took 4 months or so. I'd be tempted to try the fresh mangoes and the Citra hop if I could get good mangoes.

Back