Fruit juice concentrates for brewing - planning another batch of mango habanero mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Srimmey

Reaction score
Good evening,

We cracked our last bottle of mango habanero mead over thanksgiving this year and it was a hit. To say it knocked the socks off of people was an understatement. It’s time to make some more!

We attended a rather large Friendsgiving and I brought 3 bottles of mead + 1 bottle of cherry wine. I told no one what they were and most of them never had any wines other than the classic grape wines. It was really a ton of fun to watch people experience something so different than anything they could have expected. The mango hab was the favorite, even when compared to a 2012 willamette Pinot noir and 2019 Sanoma cab. Anyways…

This time around I want to use more mango in primary. Last time I used 1.5 gallons of luza mango juice in primary and it was good but I feel like the product below could be better.

https://colomafrozen.com/shop/mango-industrial-product
I would probably make a 7+ gallon starting batch with 6 gallons of mango juice for $120. I also plan to use the sage honey listed below, probably 12-15 pounds. Based off last batch’s success, I would do 20 habaneros. De-seeded, all pith removed and smoked. EC-1118 or 71B. More sage honey to back sweeten up to 1.005-1.008. Yum. The goal would be to have a final volume of around 6 gallons.

https://flyingbeeranch.net/product/raw-sage-honey/

Last edited:
I just fruited 4- 5 gal carboys of lambic with a new to me product from Amoretti called Artisan. Its 8 oz bottle will treat 7-10 gal and is 15$. I did 20 gal for 60$. Last year we paid 70$ just for the cherries.

Latest posts

Back