hard seltzer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoochin'Fool

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like the cheap way to go, is to water down vodka with soda water, and add flavoring...

If one wanted to bottle-carb such a thing, would there still be any need for the soda water? With no malt "nutrients" in the solution, would I need yeast nutrient?

The method you are stating has no yeast so therefore no nutrient.

sorry. I guess you mean adding yeast to bottle condition. In that case the answer might be yes. But I have always done the traditional method of making seltzer so do as you see fit.

I kinda figured the yeast part went without saying, but yes, I would be adding yeast. But I was wondering if the yeast feasting solely on priming sugar would need any nutrients to avoid generating any off flavors. I'm guessing it wouldn't make much of a difference, but easy enough to test on 2 twelve oz samples.
The better question is: Since this diluted vodka + flavoring + yeast will not have any CO2 in it, how much priming sugar would I need... 🤔
Every priming calculator I've seen presumes there's some amount of CO2 already in the solution.

Back