Hackers post flashing messages on epilepsy page.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HAHAHAHAHAHA OMG THAT is hilar... I mean just sick and wrong on so many levels.

Yeah. Very funny. About as funny as holding someone's head underwater or choking them...which is the same effect as many seizures have. People die from seizures everyday.

Sorry to pee on your parade, guys, but this little trick wasn't harmless. Not at all.

Yeah. Very funny. About as funny as holding someone's head underwater or choking them...which is the same effect as many seizures have. People die from seizures everyday.

Sorry to pee on your parade, guys, but this little trick wasn't harmless. Not at all.

+1...I hope someone literally puts their foot up the ass of those hackers

I always thought hacking had that semi-elegance, or Robin Hood attitude.

Same hacker could've worked on the site to improve it rather that mess it up. actually...

The immature jerk in me wants to laugh uncontrollably. Now that I'm 35, I think my official answer has to be something along the lines of 'those people should be ashamed of themselves'.

Seizure Robots is great, but at least there it has the word seizure right in the URL so people know what they are getting into.

I don't have epilepsy, but my head hurts after trying to read 5 minutes of that page.

I've shown that to other people and got mixed reactions each time.

I find it odd that those who knowingly suffer from epilepsy don't have software in place to prevent the loading of flashing stuff. The internet is full of it, both with and without malicious intent.

That said, other than the intent of the people, how was "posting flashing images" harmful. As much as I think this is rude and obnoxious, the fact that the FBI is investigating is greatly disturbing to me.

I don't care how you slice it, thoughcrime sucks.

Sorry to burst the hate bubble here but those are not hackers... First off that is old, this was on slashdot about a month ago I think, maybe longer. Second off hackers are not evil. Hackers (like me) are tinkers, we like to solve problems, figure stuff out, make it more fun to mess with ect. They on the other hand were criminals plain and simple. Sure it was a computer oriented crime, but they are still criminals. It would be awesome if people could realize this because I'm so tired of people thinking that I'm gonna hax0r their myspace if I don't like them.

That said, other than the intent of the people, how was "posting flashing images" harmful. As much as I think this is rude and obnoxious, the fact that the FBI is investigating is greatly disturbing to me.

I don't care how you slice it, thoughcrime sucks.

It's not thoughtcrime this is assault and done by exploiting a weakness in a forum software package to flood the forums with their assault attempts (which is where the FBI gets involved).

If you intentionally do something knowing full well it will make someone sick you're assaulting them. If you are 'sure' that it would never actually kill anyone or cause permanent damage (which is not someone one can be certain of when dealing with a seizure).

One of my close friends has a serious allergy to Chocolate. It would never kill him but it causes severe, rapidly onsetting and completely debilitating cluster migraines. Slipping him chocolate would be cruel and potentially dangerous.

Sorry to burst the hate bubble here but those are not hackers... ....Second off hackers are not evil. Hackers (like me) are tinkers, we like to solve problems, figure stuff out, make it more fun to mess with ect..

Like it or not but even back in the BBS days the term 'hacker' was closely associated with illegal activity.

You'll have to get used to people looking at you with suspicion when you self identify as a hacker-- a term with a long history of association with disruptive behavior and illegal activity.

Second off hackers are not evil. Hackers (like me) are tinkers, we like to solve problems, figure stuff out, make it more fun to mess with ect.
I usually associate hackers with fairly intelligent people. Like knowing how to use the abbreviation for et cetera correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back