Growler Art

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigsigma

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anything like this has been before, but I thought I would share.

A few years back I started collecting growlers (partly for the beer) from various breweries that I visited across the U.S and have accumulated quite a few. In the past I have stored them in the garage by all my empty bottles, but when my girlfriend and I moved into an apartment we struggled with where to put them. We have a small 650 sf apartment so storage space is extremely limited with 40 growlers not to mention all the bottled homebrew that was conditioning.

I thought it would be cool to display the growlers somehow, so I did some research. I wasn't able to find anything I liked or that fit our "style" and was not into the idea of installing shelves. After living with all the growlers on the kitchen table ( the only table in the apartment) for a month, I came up with the idea to turn the growlers into a form of "functional art" where I can just grab a growler off the wall to get filled which appeals to my engineer mind. SWMBO wasn't a big fan of the idea but I talked her into it, or at least entertaining the idea as it would only cost 30-50 dollars. I just don't think she could visualize it like I did.

Went to home depot and picked up a few planks of 1x4, coat hooks and some stain and got to work. Finished it all up in a day and once finished SWMBO was extremely satisfied with the result. If I had to do it again I would make it longer and add a row to facilitate future growlers. If I ever get a brewery room in a future house I'm considering doing this for one whole wall.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1461888403.061828.jpg

Nice. If you screw a 1x4 flat to th top, you'll also have a shelf for glasses and other stuff.

Latest posts

Back