growing hops in chicago subs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most definitely! I grow centennial and cascade and know others growing other varieties with no problems at all.

I am straight west of you and have had really good success with centennial Chinook cascade and galena

I am straight west of you and have had really good success with centennial Chinook cascade and galena

So how do i go about starting them i have read that ppl start them in fall and they
Bloom in spring. Please help

Start with the "how to grow hops" sticky thread at the top of the page. It should answer most questions.

now is the time to buy rhizomes and shove them in the ground. Check with your local homebrew store or look around here for "vendors" that sell them. Off the top of my head, Halifaxhops, hopfarmer and Great lake hops are all here.

I'm 35 miles west. I will grow Nugget, Cascade, Zeus, and Chinook this year. Nugget gave me a heck of a harvest last year, and made for an excellent black IPA.

Can i grow hops in chicago?
Can I grow indoors and outdoors

Outdoors - Yes....

IMG_20130608_194459.jpg

Latest posts

Back