Group Buy in Chicago #9

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the average is around 3.5 sacks per person.

I'm just realizing how many people that is. Awesome.

Round of applause for the organizers...

why isnt the dashboard showing the current purchases

Does anyone from down state participate? I live in Bloomington, but Peoria or Champaign would also work. If so, I'd be interested!

there was one guy from Carbondale who participated in GB#5 I think it was. Otherwise, I don't know of anyone south of Tinley Park who participates.

I'm in Morris fairly often, I80 and rt 47. Used to work in Bloomington, its an hour ride.

So would you be willing/able to pick up my order and meet in Morris? I'll check with my brewing buddies and find out for sure how much interest there would be. It would likely be 4 or 5 sacks.

Yeah, I could manage that.

Thank you so much for the offer - we're going to skip this buy though. When the next bulk buy happens in 2014 I'll check in with the group and we may ask about this option then.

Thank you so much for the offer - we're going to skip this buy though. When the next bulk buy happens in 2014 I'll check in with the group and we may ask about this option then.

Ok, cool. No problem. I'm sure I'll be in that one too, and the offer stands.

Bill I added a couple things thinking it would allow me to split them, I removed those items and show only rice hulls just want to make sure that you see the same on your end for me.

Thanks

One thing I picked-up in the last buy was D-2 candy syrup. When you do a parti-gyle and it needs a little bump in the ABV, break open a can, or two, of D-2. It's nice to have in the brew house stock.

mikescooling said:
One thing I picked-up in the last buy was D-2 candy syrup. When you do a parti-gyle and it needs a little bump in the ABV, break open a can, or two, of D-2. It's nice to have in the brew house stock.

I bump up my ABV with DME (it's a lot cheaper to buy a 50lb bag through the group buy, rather than buying elsewhere as needed).

Good call! I hadn't thought of that. Might give it a try sometime.

There was an issue today with the vendor hosting the website that removed a piece of our database which was holding the order for full sacks. So if you ordered a full sack you will need to add it again. I am sorry for this, but hopefully it is an easy fix.

****UPDATE: I was able to restore from Monday, so please check your orders if you have added/removed anything since then

There was an issue today with the vendor hosting the website that removed a piece of our database which was holding the order for full sacks. So if you ordered a full sack you will need to add it again. I am sorry for this, but hopefully it is an easy fix.

****UPDATE: I was able to restore from Monday, so please check your orders if you have added/removed anything since then

all good here

Since I just saw this I am going to create an id on your bulk page but I won't be placing an order this time but I am sure I will in March, as I am in the process of going to AG over the fall and winter

Reminder: This buy closes in 3 days. Please check your orders. You will not be able to modify after the buy closes. Thanks.

Anyone interested in that Cargill Caramel 40 - Cargill split? Come on, you know you want it.

Reminder: This buy closes in 2 days. Please check your orders. You will not be able to modify after the buy closes. Thanks.

Hey bmason,
No questions here, just wanted to say thanks for putting these together.

It's pretty awesome for an amateur brewer to be able to get a hold of 50lbs of 2 row for what he usually pays for an entire 5 gallon batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back