Group Buy in Chicago #9

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be doing a hop buy in the near future so everybody can stock up for the year.

when's the last time you priced out grain?

This is from one of my LHBS online, I would have to call the other one.

BRIESS 2-ROW BREWERS MALT - 50 lb

Our Price: $40.00

BRIESS PALE ALE 2-ROW MALT - 50 lb

Our Price: $46.00

MUNTONS MARIS OTTER MALT - 55 lb

Our Price: $56.00

may I ask who your LHBS is?

what are shipping costs and taxes for you?

All the people involved in this are great and I enjoy seeing familiar faces and new faces at the pick-up party. But at the point the buy is ending make sure you have the funds to pay for your order and you're not taking a two week vacation without internet. So to the one or two guys it applys to, have the money and be in communication at the end of the buy, Please.

Linked the two above.

thanks for the links. Like I posted before, if you're looking to buy just one sack then it won't be worth the drive. besides, support you LHBS for this low quantities. If you're looking to buy in bulk like 5 or more sacks then it might be worth it for you.

thanks for the links. Like I posted before, if you're looking to buy just one sack then it won't be worth the drive. besides, support you LHBS for this low quantities. If you're looking to buy in bulk like 5 or more sacks then it might be worth it for you.

Ok thanks. Also forgot to mention oconner's also offers additional discounts if you are an AHA member and/or part of a Brewing Group. Not sure about sicialanos.

Ok thanks. Also forgot to mention oconner's also offers additional discounts if you are an AHA member and/or part of a Brewing Group. Not sure about sicialanos.

If I were you, I would buy from their stock very soon. Every other LHBS is selling Canadian 2-row (which is cheaper than Briess) for over $45 a sack. And prices are only going up. Here's B&G for example.

If I were you, I would buy from their stock very soon. Every other LHBS is selling Canadian 2-row (which is cheaper than Briess) for over $45 a sack. And prices are only going up. Here's B&G for example.

That price is for a 55lb bag though, not a 50lb.

The point I'm trying to make is that they probably are carrying old stock. Once it gets replenished it WILL be higher. I've been running group buys for almost the years and prices never drop they only go up. Take advantage of their prices while you can.

My options for buying whole sacks are pretty slim, so I'll likely only buy two. I'm interested to see what else there is available.

I'm guessing we can't buy a whole box of dry yeast and split it up?

My options for buying whole sacks are pretty slim, so I'll likely only buy two. I'm interested to see what else there is available.

I'm guessing we can't buy a whole box of dry yeast and split it up?

how did you know what your options were before having access to the database/group buy? you can order away now. how much yeast do you need just for yourself?

I don't think I have access yet...

I guess I meant that my options other than the group buy are pretty slim.

How do you split yeast? Bake the container to sterilize?

As is usual with these things, I will be picking up random splits on things as we get closer to the end date. No promise that I will pick up yours, but I like diversity in my lab and comparing one supplier to the other for the brewery. :)

I don't know if I'm missing something here, but I can't seem to get into the forum link (says unauthorized user after I registered). There's no index of available items like the previous buy?

I tried to add Star San, it said had been successfully added, but then it doesn't show up in the summary.

I don't know if I'm missing something here, but I can't seem to get into the forum link (says unauthorized user after I registered). There's no index of available items like the previous buy?

I tried to add Star San, it said had been successfully added, but then it doesn't show up in the summary.

if you leave the search box empty and hit enter it will display everything available for purchase on this buy.

Signed up for this last night. When can I expect to be able to log in?

Just a reminder...

This buy will close at 12:01 AM September 23, 2013.

This will be the last group buy until March 2014.

I'd be interested in a split of both Notty & US-05. I still can't seem to add Star San to my list!

I'd be interested in a split of both Notty & US-05. I still can't seem to add Star San to my list!

yeast will not be available because there isn't any cost savings when buying in bulk from our one particular supplier.

I noticed that there are some splits on 2-row. All I have to say is: really? 2-row is a base, it's something you will use for every beer you make. trust me, you will need more than 50-55 lbs. all base malt splits are being removed. the reason being, aside from the one I already gave, is that splits for our large group buys are a major PITA. we dont need to be dedicating our time to splitting a malt that quite honestly people should be buying in multiple FULL bags.

<stepping off my soap box>

Bill, that was me. I'm squeezing a bag and a half of 2 row into my small apartment.

Bill, that was me. I'm squeezing a bag and a half of 2 row into my small apartment.

Stephen, sorry for bumping you off but splits are a lot of work as you well know from the last time you picked up. maybe someone can offer to sell you half a bag on the side. but 2 plastic buckets stacked on top of each other holds a full bag perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back