Group Buy in Chicago #9

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah well shoot, I just paid, and I hadn't read the entire thread, and didn't see anything about the note either...But I am paid.

Just paid, came here, saw the bit about the note. Thankfully my email address is also my name, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

We are still waiting on about half a dozen people to pay up. I'll send more reminders tomorrow.

My estimate on how many unpaid participants was way off. There's about 12 who have not paid. One of them already sent me a PM making arrangements for payment. Come on people (you know who you are) time to pay up so we can get this moving. Thanks.

Public hanging... I mean shaming if you don't pay up. That or you will be forced to drink my crap beer I have been ignoring, hoping it will go away.

Two people have contacted me with their payment status which should be paid by Friday. There are 4 people who have not responded to my emails or paypal reminders. I may have to start naming names soon.

Also, there's one gallon of starsan up for grabs from someone who had no intention on purchasing anything (yet entered his order and messed us up). Who wants it?

I can take it bill. That way the split doesn't get screwed up

Perfect. So much for you not buying anything in this latest group buy. When it comes to brewing supplies we're all shopaholics. Thanks.

Perfect. So much for you not buying anything in this latest group buy. When it comes to brewing supplies we're all shopaholics. Thanks.

Nice Eli - When I need to refill my 32oz I will go to you :) I think you now have a life's supply.

There are two guys who have yet to pay. One of them has already arranged to pay on Friday and he's bought before in our buys. Actually, he's hung out drinking with us during the buys so he's good.

The other guy has not responded to any of my emails. He has 2 bags of TF Maris Otter that have already been accounted for if we decide to bump him for not paying/responding.

So the moment the one that has made arrangements to pay does so, then game over for the no-call no-show?

Yes, I think this Friday will be the cutoff date. Then money will be transferred to bank account then wired to the two vendors we are working with.

Waiting on two people that should be paid in full by the end of the day. I'm hoping to place the order next week. I will be out of town next weekend, at least Saturday for sure.

Waiting on two people that should be paid in full by the end of the day. I'm hoping to place the order next week. I will be out of town next weekend, at least Saturday for sure.

Slowing us down.....I need my bubble bath.....

everyone with the exception of one person is paid in full but I will just keep that person's gallon of starxene unless somebody wants to purchase it (PM me if you do). The money has been fully transferred to paypal. I will confirm pricing and delivery tomorrow and place the order as well. It's possible we can receive shipment late this this week. But we will still need time to do the splits prior to any pick ups. As always, I will keep people posted.

Money has been paid to one of our vendors. Now they just need to pick the order and confirm a delivery date. Still waiting on the other vendor for an updated quote (there were wrong quantities on some items) then they also will be paid. I have no idea when pick up will be yet.

Not too shabby, weren't we in the 20 Kip range last time?

we were over 20,000 lbs last time IIRC. I think the next one in March is going to be huge since I anticipate people being holed up in their houses brewing/drinking all winter long during our hibernation.

bmason1623 Said "14,290 lbs of just grain alone. I don't mean to brag but does any other group buy as much as we do? I'd like to know..."

sorry to sidejack that, here replace at top^^

The star-xene no longer comes in 1 gallon X 4 but instead in a 5 gallon pail. Considering that we only had orders for 3 gallons and I already had gotten stuck with 1 gallon I decided to drop it. I will refund those who had it on their orders. I will process the payment this afternoon.

On another note, one of the vendor's informed me that a certain imported malt is out of stock on some varieties. They are anticipating new stock arriving this week. They will ship everything out at once so they don't spend more on freight costs than they quoted us. This means that we won't get delivery until next Tuesday or Wednesday. Which is fine actually since I will be out of town on Saturday. This will also give our splits team a chance to split the orders during the week for pick up next weekend (October 19-20). Thanks for your understanding.

On another note, one of the vendor's informed me that a certain imported malt is out of stock on some varieties. They are anticipating new stock arriving this week. They will ship everything out at once so they don't spend more on freight costs than they quoted us. This means that we won't get delivery until next Tuesday or Wednesday. Which is fine actually since I will be out of town on Saturday. This will also give our splits team a chance to split the orders during the week for pick up next weekend (October 19-20). Thanks for your understanding.

awesome!! :rockin:

Bill, just a heads up that I am going to be out of town the 19th and 20th. I've only got one sack of M.O. though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back