Group Buy in Chicago #7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm easy going. If it helps to take some of the load off, I can pick-up my four, 50lb sacks Saturday then come back for the splits (lots of splits). What ever is best for you? I also offered use of a scale and a big 84oz ice scooper, if ya need it?
Mike

I want to remind everyone to feel free to bring home brew for the splits crew when you pick up your stuff. Thanks.

Please let me know if you need help with splits. I am available on Saturday.

Also I had a question where can we pick up grains.

Thanks.

Looks like I can make it out Saturday morning/early afternoon. Got 3 sacks GW 2-Row, one sack GW Northwest Pale Ale, and a gallon of star san. Is there a certain time you'd prefer people to start coming?

Thanks

Looks like I can make it out Saturday morning/early afternoon. Got 3 sacks GW 2-Row, one sack GW Northwest Pale Ale, and a gallon of star san. Is there a certain time you'd prefer people to start coming?

Thanks

Between 10-2 would be ideal.

Not sure I can make it out to Chicago in a reasonable amount of time. If anyone feels like earning a few homebrews (or a can of Heady Topper) and is bringing grain back to the Bolingbrook/Plainfield/Naperville area, let me know if you can pick up for me. (My order is 1 full sack, a half, and 4 10lb splits)

Not sure I can make it out to Chicago in a reasonable amount of time. If anyone feels like earning a few homebrews (or a can of Heady Topper) and is bringing grain back to the Bolingbrook/Plainfield/Naperville area, let me know if you can pick up for me. (My order is 1 full sack, a half, and 4 10lb splits)

I'll be going Sunday, live on north side of Naper. PM me if you want me to pick up your stuff, we can arrange a meeting time at Lifetime Fitness just off of I88 and Winfield if you want.

Glenn

I have splits, so I'll be there on Sunday. What times are you looking at for Sunday? Just trying to avoid having my 4 yr old with me... Even though she's always my brewing assistant...

So if there are splits we can pick up on sunday? Also never done a group buy before not sure where to pick up

I also live in Naperville and will be bringing back grain tonight so you can pick it up on Saturday from my house. Just let me know.

I will try to pick up Saturday am - no splits. Thanks again!

I had to rent a cube van today to pick up stuff and drop off other stuff. As I'm finishing up unloading a see a truck driver walking towards me. He's says he has barrels to deliver but they're on a semi. There is still too much snow in the alley to drive a fork lift and a semi will never make it in. I'm about to suggest that I wheel them in one by one on a hand truck up and down the alley. All of a sudden a rare flash of brilliance hits me. I back up the rental onto busy street, end to end against the semi. He drops the pallet of barrels into the rental from his truck using his lift gate. I drive the rental down the alley and unload behind the building with the forklift. Like Neopol said, perfect timing.

bmason1623 said:
I had to rent a cube van today to pick up stuff and drop off other stuff. As I'm finishing up unloading a see a truck driver walking towards me. He's says he has barrels to deliver but they're on a semi. There is still too much snow in the alley to drive a fork lift and a semi will never make it in. I'm about to suggest that I wheel them in one by one on a hand truck up and down the alley. All of a sudden a rare flash of brilliance hits me. I back up the rental onto busy street, end to end against the semi. He drops the pallet of barrels into the rental from his truck using his lift gate. I drive the rental down the alley and unload behind the building with the forklift. Like Neopol said, perfect timing.

Nice Bill! sounds like a bit of backwoods engineering to me. I've done the exact same thing several times.

UPDATE

Neopol and his SWMBO, wgaz and his SWMBO, Ghoti, dbals, Starman and myself have gone through about 3/4 of all the splits; it took about 4 hours to this. We will resume the splits tomorrow morning. We could use maybe one or two more people to help out with splits tomorrow morning. We are starting at 9:30 am at my place (refer to the quote for the address and cell number). PM first me if you want to help.

People who do NOT have splits can start coming by at 10 am. People who have splits can start coming by at 1 pm on Saturday. I will be around until 4-5 or so on Saturday.

Sunday I will be here from 10am-1pm, maybe 2pm. I would love to get the bulk of the grains out of my place by the end of the weekend if possible.

maybe wagz will post his picture of the pallets of overflowing grains...

maybe wagz will post his picture of the pallets of overflowing grains...

btw, wagz brought some home made sake that was quite tasty. Be sure to ask for some tomorrow if you're interested during pickup.

good night!

This was a view of 3 pallets before we touched them. Ill add a pic of the splits later this morning.

image-2183020907.jpg

bmason1623 said:
UPDATE

Neopol and his SWMBO, wgaz and his SWMBO, Ghoti, dbals, Starman and myself have gone through about 3/4 of all the splits; it took about 4 hours to this. We will resume the splits tomorrow morning. We could use maybe one or two more people to help out with splits tomorrow morning. We are starting at 9:30 am at my place (refer to the quote for the address and cell number). PM first me if you want to help.

People who do NOT have splits can start coming by at 10 am. People who have splits can start coming by at 1 pm on Saturday. I will be around until 4-5 or so on Saturday.

Sunday I will be here from 10am-1pm, maybe 2pm. I would love to get the bulk of the grains out of my place by the end of the weekend if possible.

Bill-

I'll try to get up there a little earlier to help out. Have to be back on the road by 11 or so though. I'm finally getting my electrical hookup for my brewing system today!

Chris, I can bring your stuff back if you need to hang for your electrician. I told Art I would meet him this evening to deliver his grain to him when I am back in NWI...let me know. I'm heading up there in an hour or so to finish the splits. Chad, let me know when you guys are up for making the drive, I'll work around your schedule considering the drive your making up.

My father in law is my electrician and they're not getting here until 12-1 so no worries. Appreciate the offer though. I want to make the trip at least once to meet everyone and drop off some homebrew in appreciation.

UPDATE

Bill, I will make it out today before noon. No splits.

UPDATE

sweet ill see ya at 1

bmason1623 said:
UPDATE

Neopol and his SWMBO, wgaz and his SWMBO, Ghoti, dbals, Starman and myself have gone through about 3/4 of all the splits; it took about 4 hours to this.

Props to you for helping make this happen. Appreciated!

Awesome, I'll probably be there between 12:30 and 1. (with some roggenbier for Bill and the gang) :tank:

For the group buy newbies, when coming to pick up cone through the alley. The building is next to a green fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back