Group Buy in Chicago #7

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Payment sent by PayPal. I did payment owed from my balance and my understanding is there should be no fees that way. Let me know if it doesn't go through that way.

This is great, do you care to guestimate cost of the parts if someone would want to put this together from scratch? I was looking at Mark's washer but its around $100 and with good but not excellent reviews so im hesitating for now

Here is a picture of the keg washer. If you are wondering why the grey wire wrapped around the PVC, it is to hold it down in place. There is a fitting that screws into the base of the pump. Then a slip fit reducer coupler that connects to the 1/2 PVC pipe. If I had glued everything together, there would have been no way to screw the bottom connector into the pump because the "T" assembly would not clear the pump when turned. All of the PVC fittings are glued together except for where the reducer slips into the bottom connector. This way I can disassemble it apart once the grey wire is untied. I do not have a cap with holes drilled in it on the end of the upright PVC pipe. I was afraid of creating too much back pressure by restricting the outflow of water. I usually place a keg or carboy on it for 10 minutes and it comes out spotless.

Maybe next time, the last 20 people to pay should pay the cost of the pizza for the split work.

Maybe you can give your fellow members of that brew club you belong to whose name I won't mention (because I choose not to) a friendly reminder that collection is underway. Thanks.

I'm calling it a night early tonight. I'll update the spreadsheets with any new payments received tomorrow.

Here is a picture of the keg washer. If you are wondering why the grey wire wrapped around the PVC, it is to hold it down in place. There is a fitting that screws into the base of the pump. Then a slip fit reducer coupler that connects to the 1/2 PVC pipe. If I had glued everything together, there would have been no way to screw the bottom connector into the pump because the "T" assembly would not clear the pump when turned. All of the PVC fittings are glued together except for where the reducer slips into the bottom connector. This way I can disassemble it apart once the grey wire is untied. I do not have a cap with holes drilled in it on the end of the upright PVC pipe. I was afraid of creating too much back pressure by restricting the outflow of water. I usually place a keg or carboy on it for 10 minutes and it comes out spotless.

I also like this setup. what kind of specs does this pump have like the head and GPM? Do you think a small 12 volt pump like show here would work? http://www.ebay.com/itm/270951067871?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2648

This is great, do you care to guestimate cost of the parts if someone would want to put this together from scratch? I was looking at Mark's washer but its around $100 and with good but not excellent reviews so im hesitating for now

$50 - 1/6 HP pump from harbor fright, maybe another $20-30 for PVC, fittings, glue, and a spare liquid fitting if you want the cornie dip tube connection. I don't really use it much.

Its a must have for the sanke fermentor.

Thanks starman, i just bought 1/4hp pump from amazon for $42, i will try to combine it with 5-6gal bucket, pvc pipe and milk crate and see what will come out of this :)

Payment sent via chase. Thanks to all that had a hand in organizing this group buy.

I think all of us who have participated in past group buys are very surprised at how well we have collected payments. Outstanding! I have sent the request for quote/invoice to MCM. Hopefully they get back to me today yet.

bmason1623 said:
by the way, 76 bags of Canadian 2-row alone. damn...

That is a lot of 2-row! The home brewers in this group buy, including myself, owe you a debt of gratitude Bill and other involved folks. Ya'll have made it possible for me to continue perfecting the hobby I love, cheers!

Neopol said:
It's 100% collected in under a weeks time? ...that is amazing...

NO backer-outers?

There is still over $1k to be paid based on the google doc, but impressive for as short as it has been so far

MCM has acknowledged receiving our RFQ and they will get back to us "shortly".

I just paid mine. That is what I get for being away from the thread for a couple of days, and the terrible email system on HBT that rarely notifies me of new posts...

I just paid mine. That is what I get for being away from the thread for a couple of days, and the terrible email system on HBT that rarely notifies me of new posts...

Whenever there's a group buy going on I just leave the tab open so I'm up to date. Or use the app and subscribe, that's much better than waiting for these emails.

These things are such a good deal, I just don't want to be "that guy" (the last/not paying guy that holds it up) and get kicked out. It's great so many of us can work together and have a synergistic affect.

Leaving the tab open would work, but not when you are away from everything for a couple of days. I hate reading HBT on my smart phone.

I am subscribed to get a nightly email, but an hour and twenty minutes after making my post, I finally got my "nightly email" sumarizing all of the posts going back to 11:00pm on 2/20. Had I gotten my subscription email yesterday, I would have seens Bill's posting about the spreadsheet being updated and paid for my stuff yesterday. Oh well. It is all handled now, and at least I wasn't the last one to pay.

Hi. Payment made via Paypal.
Thanks a lot to Bill and Gotti for the work and everybody for the patience!!

I can't remember if it was during the last group buy for grains or hops only but someone left me a bomber of Belgian Black Ale. It has a piece of blue masking tape that says ages well. In my own writing, it states "drink February 2013". So in my obedient effort to follow directions I cracked it open and started drinking it because it's February 2013. It's pretty good!

bmason1623 said:
I can't remember if it was during the last group buy for grains or hops only but someone left me a bomber of Belgian Black Ale. It has a piece of blue masking tape that says ages well. In my own writing, it states "drink February 2013". So in my obedient effort to follow directions I cracked it open and started drinking it because it's February 2013. It's pretty good!

Thanks bill that was mine. I hope you enjoyed it it's one of my favorites. It needed a little time for the Brett to shine through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back