Group buy for Used 5 Gallon Ball Lock Kegs $25

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
foxrunner
drkeds
ezzieyguywuf
Walker
IP

all shipping today.

you will get tracking numbers once I have labels printed.

-=jason=-

Was that so hard, to edit your first post? I'm not reading 30 pages of a thread looking for a single post. I looked on the first post to get the info and assumed, based on the age of the thread and the small number of kegs to complete the group buy, that it was closed, but even that wasn't indicated like all the other group buys for grain and hops.

By not making it abundantly clear as you have since done so on the original post, you kind of brought all that on yourself.

sounds like somebody's got sour grapes that he didnt get in on this.

You rule Jason, thanks again for putting this together.

well I do research, I wouldn't click into a group buy thread and just post I want xxx before reading the ENTIRE THREAD. just as I don't purchase things with out do my homework.

to each is own I guess

-=jason=-

I'm not turning this into an argument, but I never said I wanted anything at all. I simply asked if/when there would be another round as there were already multiples and some of the grain/hops group buy rounds are into the teens.

What is there to research? There's a group buy for kegs. I made the correct assessment that it was full/closed, even without reading that was the case, and inquired about the next possible offering.

Typically, when a for sale ad is close or the order is filled, the ad is updated to reflect that, not some random post scattered throughout and active and ongoing thread.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings by asking a simple question since you seemed so thrilled to offer this keg source to the forum membership.

Was that so hard, to edit your first post? I'm not reading 30 pages of a thread looking for a single post. I looked on the first post to get the info and assumed, based on the age of the thread and the small number of kegs to complete the group buy, that it was closed, but even that wasn't indicated like all the other group buys for grain and hops.

By not making it abundantly clear as you have since done so on the original post, you kind of brought all that on yourself.

Wow buddy, relax! Jason deserves a lot for what he has done, he definitely does not deserve anyone giving him sh**. He is doing a HUGE favor for those of us who got in on the group buy, and is going through a lot of hassle to get it done. The least you could have done was read a couple of pages of this thread, its been said many times here that there will most likely NOT be another round since he does not want to ship through work anymore, and the actual shipping charges would end up being 20-30 bucks a piece.

On top of that I don't think his broken record response was condescending or offensive in the least, and you jumped on top him riding him like Seabiscuit.

This site is a community of homebrewers that I consider friends, not an online marketplace. Treat it as such!

Tracking Number Received..... Jason, major Karma & Kudos to you.

Thanks again!
n8

cox8611
BoxofRain
BadgerBrewer
Brodeurman69

you all should have tracking numbers

-=jason=-

How are you selecting the order in which these are shipped? Is there anyway I can be in the next "batch"? I have a Pecan Porter taking up carboy space and I would love to get it into a keg for some more conditioning time. Pretty please?

How are you selecting the order in which these are shipped? Is there anyway I can be in the next "batch"? I have a Pecan Porter taking up carboy space and I would love to get it into a keg for some more conditioning time. Pretty please?

I made an excel spread sheet and have it sorted by alphabet.

I then go out and see what boxes I have to work with, and check my spread sheet to see who to ship to.

Kevin I might have a 2fer box I can get yours out today let me go check.

EDIT: kevin your kegs are shipping today

-=jason=-

Thanks again for all this work flomaster I am hoping shipping won't be much from you to central cali and to a commercial address but let me know if a few extra bucks will help.

so I went out in search for boxes tonight..

I went to the following: Alco, Autozone, McDonalds, Dollar Tree, liquor barn (came home with a sixer of Kilt Lifter) , Safeway...

no one had boxes big enough for cornies.

I did find a 3 cony box and a 2 corny box in my garage. I'll head over to walmart tomorrow at lunch and see what they have.

-=jason=-

so I went out in search for boxes tonight..

I went to the following: Alco, Autozone, McDonalds, Dollar Tree, liquor barn (came home with a sixer of Kilt Lifter) , Safeway...

no one had boxes big enough for cornies.

I did find a 3 cony box and a 2 corny box in my garage. I'll head over to walmart tomorrow at lunch and see what they have.

-=jason=-

If you get boxes occasionally from work please feel free to wait to send mine. I'm sure others are in the same boat as me. Maybe you can mark me down on the spreadsheet as being able to wait until a box arrives along with all others that don't mind waiting. I'd hate for you to spend anymore time searching for boxes.

we get UPS inbound daily and it all depends what we are ordering. also we share a warehouse with another company and I have robbed about half of the boxed I have used from them. there was an add on craigslist a local sports store gives away boxes and i called today and some one had cleaned him out last night. he told me to call back later in the week.

-=jason=-

I can see how much it would run me to ship my boxes back once I get my kegs. I wonder if i'd have to box them...

Sent from my HTC Vision using Home Brew Talk

Wolfy no need to send boxes back. these boxes aren't in the best of shape anyways seeing as they are second/third hand boxed to us.

-=Jason=-

Thanks Jason! I got my tracking number with an estimated delivery date of Tuesday! Should be able to get that porter into a keg so I can brew some more next weekend.

You da MAN!!!

so I came into a few more boxes. today I am shipping to

jeffmeh for 8
Barstar3 for 3
xerotime for 3

my lil civic couldn't haul anymore kegs.

-=Jason=-

I'm a little bummed, I thought these were supposed to be shipping in the order payment was received. Why is my name #18 on the list when I'm pretty sure I paid first?

I'm a little bummed, I thought these were supposed to be shipping in the order payment was received. Why is my name #18 on the list when I'm pretty sure I paid first?

John I'll get your 2 kegs out next, I asked if anyone needed these sooner than later, I have been shipping as I acquire boxes. certain boxes work for certain people.

example the boxes I found today housed 6 kegs, 3 kegs, 2 keg, and 3 kegs.
Jeffmeh ordered 8 kegs so he's getting two boxes containing 6 and 2.

sorry I didn't get your kegs shipped out mon or tues.

I can hold off on shipping to Jeffmeh and send you the two I had planned on shipping to him

-=Jason=-

John I'll get your 2 kegs out next, I asked if anyone needed these sooner than later, I have been shipping as I acquire boxes. certain boxes work for certain people.

example the boxes I found today housed 6 kegs, 3 kegs, 2 keg, and 3 kegs.
Jeffmeh ordered 8 kegs so he's getting two boxes containing 6 and 2.

sorry I didn't get your kegs shipped out mon or tues.

I can hold off on shipping to Jeffmeh and send you the two I had planned on shipping to him

-=Jason=-

It's all good man, I guess I was more just wondering the reasoning behind the order of shipment. I don't want to split up a guy's shipment, no worries.

It's all good man, I guess I was more just wondering the reasoning behind the order of shipment. I don't want to split up a guy's shipment, no worries.

yeah once i imported into excel and starting sorting stuff the "list" went out the window.

now shipping is dependent on what boxes I can get my hands on.

-=Jason=-

I read through a lot of the thread, but I'm still not certain.

Can we still order kegs from you, or is the group buy closed?

Jason I can wait a few days if someone else needs/wants their kegs quicker. Or if finding boxes is an issue. I don't have anything ready to go in them for a few weeks anyway... Also just wanted to say thanks for the time and effort on this project. If shipping is pricey lemme know and I can send a few extra $$

@ Klyph no more group buying going on. I can't do any more shipping out of my work using our ups discount. however I would not have a problem shipping some one else's ups account or freight company account if they ordered more than 50 kegs.

and paying ups.com shipping charges just doesn't make it worth it when you can get kegs from you LHBS for the same if not cheaper.

-=Jason=-

this really made me laugh. Thanks. Jason-- you are too nice to Mr. I read through a lot of the thread, but I'm still not certain.
SOLD OUT! THERE WILL NOT BE A ROUND 3.

ok todays kegs have been boxed and are awaiting pickup by the UPS driver.
jeffmeh
Barstar3
xerotime
jbrookeiv

I have shipped 39 kegs and have 57 left to ship. not bad in 3 days time

-=Jason=-

shipped today thus far:

bull8042
Frodo
humann_brewing
Khan
longke
Magua
Stimulus
midfielder5

total shipped to date 67
left to ship 29

I might get a few more boxed up at lunch

-=jason=-

Jason... I wouldn't sweat getting things packed and shipped. Mother Nature is fighting you anyway.

My keg mad it to El Paso about 24 hours after you shipped it, and now it's stuck there because of bad weather. :D

Back