Greets from Milwaukee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ki-ri-n

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been lurking around here for a few days (finding lots of good info) and finally decided to join.

I've been HB off and on for several years and started to get back into it. (although I haven't made the leap to AG-yet). From these boards I've done the cheep grain mill-great $16 investment, made my own tap handles (inspiration & ideas from others on here) and just placed an order for some Perlick taps for my beer fridge. Can't wait for that to show up! It should compliment the batch of an IPA I have going nicely.

Anywho, I hope I can give back as much as I've absorbed already!

Cheers!

:mug:

Thanks guys!

Taps should be here tomorrow! And the IPA just went into the secondary.

A little more background, my Great Grandfather was a "Maltster" at the Kirin brewery in Japan-hence my screen name. So I guess beer is in my blood. Just found out that "Ki", "Ri" and "N" are actually hidden within the Kirin label. Thought that was pretty cool.

Article on my Great Grandfather here: http://content.wisconsinhistory.org/u?/wmh,42949

He's buried over there so a trip over there is on my bucket list :)

It's Wisconsin, the beer gene is recessive at the least for everyone living here :)

Edit:
Just got my parts from Kegconnections :ban:

Not as impressive as others on here but I thought I'd post up anyways.....

FridgeOutside1.jpg

FridgeOutside2.jpg

InsideFridge.jpg

Actually there're both empty right now. IPA just went into the secondary. I did pump sanitizing solution through the taps. I should have gotten those offset adapters. With my tap handles the taps don't close all the way.

I do have two "mystery" kegs. Must have been stuff that I brewed when I got married-7 years ago! Right about the time I stopped home brewing. Doubt they will be any good but they are cooling and on CO2. So I'll have to see....

Let us know how those well aged beers turned out. I was helping a friend move and we found a 6 pack of pale ale that he brewed 5 years ago. It was fantastic.

I tapped one of the kegs. It must have been some sort of red. It's still carbed but it has no head retention. It smells like cider/wine almost. Not really drinkable. I'll have mystery #2 hooked up. I'll report back on that one later.....

Make it 10. The 2nd keg was just about as bad as the first. I wouldn't use it for brats either. I might be able to use it as an antiseptic....

Just another excuse to make more :mug:

Back