Greetings from Wichita, KS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nottul27

Reaction score
Hello All!

I have actually been a user (mainly a lurker) of this forum for some time now, but felt i should formally introduce myself. I got started in the hobby during 2011 when my wife bought me a home brew starter kit from our LHBS store for Christmas. I have been hooked ever since. So far i have only brewed extract using kits, and even was the provider of beer for my sisters wedding. I am branching out to All Grain using the BIAB method. I will mainly be doing one gallon batches. Yes, I know it takes the same amount of work to do 2,3 or even 5 gallon batches, but I lack the space and temperature control methods do so.

I am an accountant by trade, so a hobby that thrives on meticulous record keeping sort of calls to me. I am a hop head by nature, and love IPA's, IIPA's and similar styles.

My first BIAB 1 gallon batch is going to be an attempt at Avery Brewing's Majaraja, an IIPA. I fell in love with this when i visited their brewery earlier this summer. I also think it is awesome that Avery posts their recipes on their website for us home brewers to make.

Throughout my lurking the past couple of years, I know this is a great community with a wealth of information that does not hesitate to "help a brother out." I am looking forward to the opportunity to share both my mistakes and successes so others may learn from them.

Cheers! :mug:

Meticulous record keeping? Hmmmm I must be doing it wrong ;)

Welcome to HBT, nottul, glad you came out to play with the rest of us.

Hmm wichita ks. the land of ahhhs, i think i have heard of that place welcome to HBT.

Back