Greetings from Tallahassee, Florida

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schrodinger

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was introduced to homebrewing by a friend who brewed a couple batches, but it was a Dragon*Con panel on the difficulties in supplying that most vital of fluids to a hypothetical Mars colony that really hooked me.

(I'm quite the science nerd, in case the handle didn't give it away)

I'm quite new to the hobby, having yet to brew my first batch. I've spent my time reading up on the hobby, lurking this wonderful forum, and gearing up.

Luckily, SWMBO is very supportive, and has made only one demand. I must keg my brew. She got roped into cleaning bottles for the aforementioned friend, and has no desire to repeat the experience.

So... Hello!

Welcome,

I'm just west of you in Daphne, Al. My wife is an FSU grad and I taught in their student art center on campus before going to grad school in Tuscaloosa. Fond memories of Tally. If you need any advice starting out or have any questions, let me know. I'm on my 15th batch, of extract and partial grain. Sorry, haven't kegged yet, can't help you there. This is an awesome site, and again welcome....

Voodoo

Welcome,
...I taught in their student art center on campus....
Voodoo

Well met Voodoo,

I know that art center well, having spent much of my undergrad program just upstairs in the Registered Student Organization offices.

Welcome Schrodinger! Glad to have you on HBT! And Kegging is the way to go!

Thanks Birdman, glad to be here. Yes, I have yet to find an account on this forum where a Kegger abandons the practice to go back to bottling. :)

Thanks Birdman, glad to be here. Yes, I have yet to find an account on this forum where a Kegger abandons the practice to go back to bottling. :)

Not by choice. Home Brew Den is really knowledgeable, I lived in Tallahassee a few years back. Welcome to the addiction.

Back