Greetings from Sunny Florida...sort of.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

niceupmytown

Reaction score
So it's gloomy and overcast today in the NE but "Sunny Florida" just sounds so postcard perfect.

Thanks to HBT for being such an amazing resource of knowledge! I've lurked here for a long time and recently joined just before starting my first brew in over 15 years. I used to brew (AG) when I was in college but somehow just never made the time to continue with the hobby until recently. I make homemade muscadine and pineapple wines from fruit that we grow and enjoy it thoroughly but it's not quite as rewarding for me as brewing beer is.

I currently have a few 5G partial mash kits to get myself reacquainted with my equipment and the brew process but I hope to progress to 10-12G all grain parti gyle brewing within a few months. I just need to finish my keggle and do some more research on what cooler to use as a MT. The efficiency of parti gyle brewing is appealing to me but it will be a big step from what I'm currently doing.

Speaking of current projects, today I have an Imperial IPA that is moving into secondary and getting dry hopped with cascade pellets and tomorrow I'm starting a Wheat Porter that will get some oak chips, cacao nibs and a touch of vanilla. I also have some apfelwein that is two weeks into the primary [made from cider not juice] and just starting to show a little clarity.

This forum is amazing and I'm thankful for all the help!

Welcome! I used to hunt just west of there around Ocean Pond as a teenager. Loved that place.

Back