Greetings from New Jersey

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oddpac87

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just getting interested in homebrewing and aiming to get started after the holidays. I'll be reading up a ton on here and hope to get a decent grasp on things before I try my first batch. Looking forward to using the site, it seems fantastic.

Welcome! You're not too far from me.

If you want a well used, beat-up 10-gallon igloo water cooler to convert into a mash tun, let me know, I have a handful left and would probably just give one to you for free...

Thanks for the welcome guys. Cool to see people so close to me on here.

Mischief, I really appreciate the offer, but I think I'm going to start slow and just stick to extracts for my first few brews, so I don't really need that yet. Thanks a lot though.

Welcome from MA!

Some great books are:

The Complete Joy of Homebrewing by Charlie Papazian (teaches you to relax ;) )
How to Brew by John Palmer ( more technical )
Hombrewing Guide by Dave Miller (somewhere inbetween)

Good Luck! I asked a ton of questions and learned as much from this site as any book. Lots of great knowledge here. :mug:

Thanks Marko. I was actually thinking about getting the first 2 books you mentioned. Definitely will now.

Latest posts

Back