Greetings from Nevada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyfishnevada

Reaction score
I'm a long time lover of beer, especially craft brews. My youngest son is interested in brewing so I decided to finally break down and begin brewing at home.

We've brewed one batch, Hex Nut Brown extract, and other than not having much head, it turned out great. But I quickly developed an interest in small batch brewing, cider and full grain and have invested in some equipment to do so. We'll be selling out house next year and moving into an apartment as we transition to full-time RVing.

I always end up here when I'm searching for info so I took the time to actually join.

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

Full time RV'ing- may be tough to keep up a brewing hobby. 2.5G batches may be a good idea.

Welcome aboard!

I'm also interested to hear about the RV brewing. I suppose if you were in one location for a month or so it would be easily done. Biggest issue would be carrying/storing all the gear.

Thanks for the welcome. My plans for brewing in an RV or an apartment are to go small batch. I've invested in (or rather my wife did on my behalf for Christmas:D) a couple of two gallon buckets for primary and a couple of glass jugs for secondaries. I know that only makes about nine 12 oz bottles but that's fine. My wife doesn't drink much and rarely beer.

I can have two batches in primary and two in secondary. Moving the RV might upset things but if I plan carefully I should be OK. If the beer gets stirred up a bit, that's life. Obviously, it's not ideal but that shouldn't stop me.

Back