Greetings from Connecticut!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerBaron1985

The Beer Baron
Reaction score
Hello to all!

I'm a big forum user in general, and have been a lurker for some time on here when it comes to equipment mods, not so much for recipes. I'll be sharing a few as I put together. I love IPAs, however, I don't love them enough to make my own. I feel the market is saturated with so many different ones (good ones too) that I'd rather drink them then make them!

Been brewing for about 8 years. I have a 20 gallon beer capacity for taps, 30 gallon brew kettle, and 40 gallon capacity in primary/secondary fermenters balanced out. I have a 4 tap system. I got started in brewing from a friend who needed some help brewing. One weekend he told us guys to try some of his bourbon barrel porter, and 3 of us guys drank it on him in a weekend. We all whipped out cash to pay him for the ingredients but would not accept our money. Since then he has hoarded his home brew beer. Another good friend just moved to South Carolina, and I bought all his equipment for super cheap as he was getting out of the home brewing scene. He said would much rather drink it than make it. I absorbed his operations and grew to more than double my original capacity. So now I am the official "Beer Barron" of the friends group which I proudly accept. Brewing is a passion, and a hobby (not habit :D :tank:) that is meant to be enjoyed shared with friends. My future wife is lactose intolerant, and has a slight gluten allergy. I usually make her special brews I used Clarity Ferm on to drop the gluten proteins out, and works out very well.

Just did my first cider, had a few hiccups but now I'm back on track. I made it for my future wife in mind in celebration of our engagement. She supports my hobby(ies) and is a real gem!

The beers I'm brewing and on tap:

- Northern Brewer Bourbon Barrel Porter variant fermenting now.
- Chocolate Imperial Stout at 10.4% ready by halloween.
- A Blueberry Honey Amber Ale clone at 5.7% on tap.
- Pumpkin Pie & dark Chocolate Ale @ 5.6% on tap
- Session American Pale Ale with Mosaic and Cascade hops @ 5.2% on Tap
- ESB clone @ 5.1% on tap

Planning on brewing a Holiday Apple Spice Ale @ 5.3% using local orchard apples (6 varieties) and local maple syrup in a tertiary 2ndary fermentation. This recipe was so good that 6 gallons were consumed in two days with the family.

I have a Danby kegerator I got for cheap. it was a single tap now converted to ball lock and dual tap. Added in a dual fan for cavity air circulation and hose to cool the now insulated tower. Just scored another small fridge, without a tower. I could convert it, but I'll use picnic taps for now.

Anyways that's all i got for now. Thank you to the community for years of knowledge imparted onto the web pages. hope to give back in a small way with my humble experiences.

Back