Grand Opening: 10% off all orders and 2 Pounds for $14.00

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought the pack plus a couple other varieties. The discount code gave me a message it was invalid or unavailable or some such. It would have only applied to the two additional packs, which are still a great price. No biggie, Just sayin.

I spoke to my web guy and the reason it is not secure is because we do not see any of your credit information. All that information is done through paypal and we have no access to your credit card info. So essentially all the information provided on that page is non credit impacting information.

No worries, but you are asking for name, address, phone number, email address, and a registration password, with no security. I suggest that you either let people order without registering, so all of the personal information is given on the secure paypal site, or secure your registration page.

Personally, I want to be confident that an internet vendor will keep all of my personal data private, especially my email address and any password I use, not just my credit card info.

I wish you well.

I understand your concerns, and believe me I want people to feel secure when ordering from me.
When we spoke today we talked about bypassing that page an allowing people to skip right to paypal.

It's his contention that this is information that can be found on the internet and it is not "sensitive", except for maybe the password and that's if you use the same one for multiple accounts.

Your concerns have been addressed and I really do appreciate the feedback, this is one reason I love this forum.

Zen,
The discount does not apply to the special, sorry. :(

Right, I understand it does not apply to the special, but it did not discount the other two hop purchases I made in the order either. Like I said, no worries here, but if there was a larger secondary order involved it might make more of a difference.

I understand your concerns, and believe me I want people to feel secure when ordering from me.
When we spoke today we talked about bypassing that page an allowing people to skip right to paypal.

It's his contention that this is information that can be found on the internet and it is not "sensitive", except for maybe the password and that's if you use the same one for multiple accounts.

Your concerns have been addressed and I really do appreciate the feedback, this is one reason I love this forum.

You are quite welcome. Please continue to take my feedback in the constructive spirit in which I offer it.

Really, I do not really care about your "internet guy's" contention. Starting a business, you need to safeguard the privacy of your customers' personal data. It is not reasonable to allow anyone with the capability to sniff web traffic to find out my name, address, phone number, email address, registration password, and the fact that I purchased products from you, whether or not the "internet guy" considers it sensitive.

Is this something you plan to address?

Thanks.

Seeing that he owns a web design firm and makes his living designing websites, I would say he is the expert in the matter and I am not. I do not think he would steer me in the wrong direction and purposely make my website unsafe.

That being said, and as I mentioned above, we will be taking step to rectify the issue.

Thanks for the comment.

Actually you can only put 1lb in that box, I have used them many times and have a 1lb shipping option on my site which uses them along with a 3-5# option that cost 11.95 ( 10.2+1.75 Insurance) and a 6-7# option that cost $12.45(10.20+2.25 insurance). Those are medium flat rate boxes. That being said, the small flat rate box cost $6.60 but that's because I make people to get the insurance so I am not liable.

I had 2 instances when I started where people opted out of the insurance and they wanted me to make it right, being new to a business I did.

I'm trying to keep the shipping prices as low as I can. I figure with the low price of my hops, most shipping prices will keep you under what you would pay at almost all other sites.

EX: 2# hop for $14.00 with a shipping cost of 9.95, your cost per ounce is only $.78 still seem like a good deal.

I'm doing the best I can and if I can get shipping prices lower you can be certain they will be passed on to you.

Thanks for the feedback,
John

According to the USPS site, and their tv ads, you can put as much as will fit in those boxes and the flat rate applies to domestic delivery.
Weight restrictions for Domestic are 70 lbs.
Flat Rate Quick Reference
If I could get $5 shipping, I'd probably order the 2 lb package next week. I am sure that 2 lbs physically will fit into that box.

Just a few things about the website. First impressions are everything. The account tab label is cut off. On the home page in the first sentence the W is capitalized after the comma, and the word order should be orders. Your web guy should have caught all these things. If I didnt know you were from HBT forum At first sight I would pass on this site.

Oh and the email you gave on the home page doesnt exist. I think its missing an "e" in house.

Thank mlyday,
The account label does that on explorer, but not safari. At least that's been my experience and he's looking into it. I updated the grammatical errors.

Seeing that he owns a web design firm and makes his living designing websites, I would say he is the expert in the matter and I am not. I do not think he would steer me in the wrong direction and purposely make my website unsafe.

That being said, and as I mentioned above, we will be taking step to rectify the issue.

I am your potential customer, so aren't I the expert in the matter? :cross:

Seriously, though, that is not how reputable internet vendors manage customer data.

Jeff,
Yes, you are a potential customer and that is why I'm asking for suggestions and taking action on the comments and feedback I receive. As I mentioned before, the matter is getting looked into.
Thanks

Jeff,
Yes, you are a potential customer and that is why I'm asking for suggestions and taking action on the comments and feedback I receive. As I mentioned before, the matter is getting looked into.
Thanks

As soon as the personal info page is secured, I will place an order. Thanks.

We have sold out of the specials. The discount is still in place until tomorrow night.

That was a nice special. Glad I got in on it.

Good luck with the new web site. I'm sure you'll get it tweaked down pretty quick. I've seen lots of good feedback so won't bother to go over again what you've already heard.

Cheers

I got mine today, looks great! Thanks for the deals, I will be ordering again when I need more!

:rockin:

We got some of the shipping estimate issues fixed and you can now ship via USPS. It will be cheaper for some of you, but not all of you.
Thanks,
John

Got mine today too, thanks for the special.

I can't wait to try out the Pliny pack. That is a bunch of hops. Very cool though because he breaks them out in individual bags labeled for each timed addition.

Ron

Put in my order this past Tuesday 6/29 for 60oz :rockin: and the order arrived via USPS on my doorstep Friday 7/1. Fantastic transaction, I'll definitely be putting in another order :)

Thanks for all the support guys. Last week was crazy but got we through it and I hope everyone is pleased and satisfied.
Happy Brewing,
John

As always your shipping is super fast.
I lied and said i needed more hops for her blackberry wheat.
:)

Just wanted to point out the great service that I received from here.

Ordered about 2.5 lbs before July 4th weekend and requested that they be shipped Monday 7/12 after I returned. I got the confirmation email that morning, and the hops were in my freezer Thursday morning.

The hops were well packaged, the website is great, and customer service is awesome. Did I mention price? Great vendor.

I just ordered a couple of Pliby packs last week and the shipping was quick and the transaction was painless!
great guy!

Sounds good drinkin'

The liquidaion of 2 of my hops continues. This includes Millennium and Santium which are selling for $2.20 per 4/oz.

Hey guys join follow me on Twitter and Facebook for updates to weekly specials. You can find links on my homepage:

Farmhousebrewingsupply.com

For those not into social networking they will also be posted on here, just another means of accessing my customer base.

Cheers,
John

Back