Gorilla Glue for Keezer build?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stillshinen

Reaction score
Hello,

Has anyone used gorilla glue to glue down the collar to the freezer? I was planning putting a couple of kegs and 6.5 gallons buckets full of water to weigh it down verses clamping.

Any thoughts?

I was going to use DAP clear/white silicone. No clamps or screws. A good bead on both the freezer and the collar. Let them sit for 24-36 hours and attach the lid to the collar.

I would use silicon caulk as well, I'm sure it would hold plenty strong enough. No need for something as permanent as Gorilla Glue, plus it makes for some nasty squeeze-out when it expands as it dries.

The concern I have is the collar is not 100% flush with the freezer. If I push on the black left corner then the front right corner comes up about an 1/8". Whould the silicone still work well? As I do have concerns about the way GG expands.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

The concern I have is the collar is not 100% flush with the freezer. If I push on the black left corner then the front right corner comes up about an 1/8". Whould the silicone still work well? As I do have concerns about the way GG expands.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Honestly I'd try and correct the collar square-ness, don't forget that'll affect how it fits to the lid as well. Is your collar screwed together? If so, try backing some of the screws out a couple turns to let it "settle" flat, if that makes sense. Sometimes a cut might not be 100% square, and screwing it tight will skew the joint. If you can do that and end up with a gap in a joint, throw some clear silicone in there. Better a gap in a joint with a flat collar than the whole thing be crooked. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back