Good People...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed, but feel good stories dont really sell papers. I also think that good deeds are best done and not advertised. As much as I applaud the trend of the whole random acts of kindness trend that is going on, especially motivated by various websites, I find it kind of cheapens the whole thing. Doing a good deed should be its own reward. You shouldn't do something nice for someone just so the faceless masses of the internet will give you some kudos. But, alternately it is getting people to do nice things for others.

I like this

One night while on 2nd shift we received several inches of snow, and were expecting several more before morning. I was driving home dreading shoveling the drive at midnight, so there wouldn't be too much to shovel in the morning. When I turned on to my street, I noticed that my drive had recently been cleaned. I was really grateful, but could not figure out who to thank. No lights were on at any neighbors, no indication of who had cleaned my drive. It was several weeks before I discovered which of my neighbors had a snow blower and and got a chance to thank him. He said he just figured that after working all afternoon, he didn't think I would want to shovel my drive.

Back