Good deal on kegging setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agsensi

Reaction score
I'm on my second batch and already bottled my first. Second is fermenting still. My local brew place here in Reno nv has a keg starter kit for 225 for keg co2 tank full hoses couplers and picnic faucet, but was wondering if there is any where I can get a better deal. Any ideas. Appreciate the help.

Andy

I just bought a reg from birdman for $40, a used keg from my LHBS for $45, air hose and beer line with basic picnic tap for around $15. Now I just need to get a cylinder which I am find online for around $60ish. So I guess you could piece it together for around $150 to $170 depending on where you buy (shipping costs etc.). I by no means am an authority. I am just saying this is the stuff I just bought because I am piecing mine together right now. Good luck.

Midwest Supplies has a double dual kit for under $300. Includes two kegs, co2 cylinder, double regulator, and hoses. This will allow you to force carb one keg while the other is at serving pressure. Also allows serving at different volumes for different styles.

TheGrouch said:
Midwest Supplies has a double dual kit for under $300. Includes two kegs, co2 cylinder, double regulator, and hoses. This will allow you to force carb one keg while the other is at serving pressure. Also allows serving at different volumes for different styles.

Kegconnection has a similar setup on sale for december specials for 189 before shipping and its a kegerator conversion setup 2 kegs 4#co2 tank hoses shank couplers the swhole deal and free shipping using code dec11

Just ordered my kegging set from keg connection 198 bucks for a 2 keg conversion setup. Yay so excited to get it

If you are not in a hurry, keep your eye on Craigs List. Kegerators and kegging parts pop up all the time. There was a converted full size fridge one tap set-up listed in my area for $75 last week.

agsensi said:
Just ordered my kegging set from keg connection 198 bucks for a 2 keg conversion setup. Yay so excited to get it

Plus I think they have a code for free shipping right now. Hopefully that'll be under the tree...or at least NEAR it on Sunday morning!

I've been searching for a keg setup for Christmas, and I think the keg connection one wins. Is there any draw backs with the $189 pin lock set?

Lots of info here on Pins vs Ball Locks. Seems the consensus is to each their own. Pin Locks are fine if that's what you can get and your budget can afford.

In regards to a good deal, people will always find steals and post about their awesome deal. I'm thinking in general $150-$225 is pretty common for a basic setup into kegging. You can piece together for a bit cheaper if you can find some deals, and I'm sure there are people that couldn't find any deals to save their life and had to fork up a bit more than the $225. I myself got a deal on my Ball Lock, hoses, picnic tap, co2 bottle (full), and reg for $130. However, I can't find anything even close for more equipment. So, I'd say buy what you can afford and get you into kegging. It's worth it IMHO.

You'll be so glad you did. Kegging is so freaking awesome. I will never go back to full time bottling! I will bottle less than a 12 pack a batch from now on! Grats on getting into it!

U got lucky I attempted to order mine declined for some odd reason but did charge my account now fighting with them to get it back or at least ordered so I can get it my beer is done fermenting is it gonna hurt anything sitting in there for another week ish it's only been in there a ill over a week

agsensi said:
U got lucky I attempted to order mine declined for some odd reason but did charge my account now fighting with them to get it back or at least ordered so I can get it my beer is done fermenting is it gonna hurt anything sitting in there for another week ish it's only been in there a ill over a week

As long as it's got a functioning airlock, it'll be fine! No worries!

agsensi said:

Re: piratewolf, assuming you have a functioning airlock and are at a reasonable temperature, you're good for another 4+ weeks

Back