Good brews near Dallas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

erockomania

Reaction score
I'm in Dallas for a few days... Any good beers, preferably IPAs I need to look out for?

St Arnold's (Houston) has a decent IPA... Not as keen on the Rahr (Fort Worth) beers, but that may be personal tastes.

Good places near downtown Dallas to find a quality beer selection are The Gingerman, and Eno's Pizza Tavern.

Sounds like you tasted some of Austin's best. Rahr and Sons and Franconia make some tasty brews and are actually in the Dallas area.

The Old Monk in Dallas is a pretty good beer bar, but parking sucks. There's also a Flying Saucer in Garland and in Addison.

Yeah, The Ginger Man and Flying Saucer get my votes. And if you like German style beer, look out for Franconia. They have a Dunkel that's pretty tasty.

Tom

The gingerman and flying saucer are the only places that I know of that always have a large selection of interesting stuff. As far as Rahr goes, Ugly Pug is pretty good but I can do without the rest of them. One of the best domestic craft beer selections I know of is actually a little college bar in Denton called Riprocks. Its right on UNT's campus and is my rugby teams home pub. :) They have DFH 60min and Rogue Dead guy on tap as well as a really nice bottle selection.

Ended up going to the Ice House as well. Another good place for brews. Dallas is a nice city, I enjoyed it!

freelunch said:
St Arnold's (Houston) has a decent IPA... Not as keen on the Rahr (Fort Worth) beers, but that may be personal tastes.

Good places near downtown Dallas to find a quality beer selection are The Gingerman, and Eno's Pizza Tavern.

+1 million to Eno's!!! They have their draft selection up on their site right now. On of my favs there at the moment is Deshutes Red Chair. Also, the Old Monk, at last check, has a cask conditioned keg of Left Hand 400 Pound Monkey that as out of sight!

erockomania said:
Ended up going to the Ice House as well. Another good place for brews. Dallas is a nice city, I enjoyed it!

Good to hear that you found some good times in town. Ice House is a touch of the Austin business model in Dallas, and I think it will do great this summer.

I think the metroplex area will become increasingly interesting for beer drinkers, as I know of at least two groups of guys that intend to start breweries here in the near future.

Look for more promising beers from Austin though, as they have hosted 3 brewery startups in the last year.

Back