GGGGRRRRRRRRRRR Stupid people!!!!!!!!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EuBrew

Reaction score
So we got home from Christmas vacation on Tuesday to a non working water heater, terrific since the SWMBO and 7 month old boy are both sick.

Anyway I go to Lowes at 8:00 to get a new thermocoupler after testing the existing one and finding out it bought the farm. They have a "universal" replacement from whirlpool which is the brand of unit I have, it also listed my model letter code on it as a compatible unit.

I get home around 8:30 and take apart the stupid water heater, get everything connected and go to screw the new "universal" thermocoupler in and it's the wrong freaking thread!!!!!!! It looks IDENTICAL to the bad one with the exception I need a LH thread and the "universal" replacement is RH thread. It's past 9:00 by now and Lowes is closed. Had to borrow the neighbors shower for the night.

Wednesday I call whirlpool and they tell me there's an enhancement kit for the unit which includes an adapter for the thermocoupler to make it compatible with the RH threaded "universal" replacement that they will send out free of charge and I will get it Thursday. FYI the unit is only 6 years old so it's nowhere near the end of it's life cycle.

Wednesday night we planned on borrowing the shower from the neighbor again. Problem is her sister got in town before we left for Christmas and she borrowed our emergency key for the neighbors house. We keep it on a ring with spare keys for another friends house along with spare keys to both of our cars. SWMBO brought the key ring back Tuesday after she showered and didn't look to see if the spare was still there. Now comes shower time Wednesday night and the key is not on the ring, neighbors sister took it off to use while she was in town but somehow it's my fault it's not there. So I tell SWMBO we could ask the other neighbor who I speak to fairly frequently and am friendly with even though we don't "hang out" and I'm sure they would let us use their shower and she shoots this idea down. SWMBO decides to shower at the gym on the way into work in the morning but is obviously still pissed at me about the key, go figure.

Thursday, the day the parts are supposed to arrive. It gets to 4:30 and I haven't seen FedEx or UPS so I call whirpool, the lady on the other line has no record of my call, or my order number provided to me the previous day. I tell her they transferred me to another number but did not give me the number so she decided they needed to re-register me. After repeating myself what seemed like hundreds of times and getting though the registration we're at least 20 minutes into the phone call, plus the 15 minutes I was on hold she says, "oh I found the number they transferred to let me connect you now" GGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR

Get transferred, verify all my info, everything is correct, get tracking number to call FedEx. It's now shortly after 5:00.

Call FedEx, they tried to deliver my package but it was THE WRONG FREAKING ADDRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My street number is 393 and they had put 293 on the package. I know it's right at whirlpool because I just verified it with them. I don't know who screwed it up but it wasn't me. I now have a sick wife and baby at home with no hot water for 3 days. I ask if I can come pick up the package and "speaky sh*tty english" from FedEx says the location is closed. I ask which location because I've picked up packages up from them before at damn near 9:00 PM. He tells me Lancaster, which is 40 miles from my house. The main terminal for FedEx is 10 minutes from my house. Anywho, no idea why or even if it's in Lancaster at this point but he said he'd hold it for me. After arguing with him about which was closer I just told him I'm not driving almost 2 hours out of the way because they're holding a package for me at the wrong location. Parts should be delivered tomorrow and hopefully the SWMBO will quit being so cranky.

Thanks for listening, I feel better now :D

I know it sucks, but why not heat up water with your brew equipment and let swmbo take a hot bath? They had hot water before electricity you know :p

Due to Murphy's Law... I've gone threw many similar frustrating experiences. The bad thing is, no one will admit to screwing up, especially over the phone. And shipping companies irritate me the most when it comes to this stuff. You can argue and argue, but you can't get it any faster, the box is somewhere and they always say you can't pick it up, you can't demand discounts (like at retailers), and you never get straight answers that resolve problems. I feel your pain.

damn EB thats rough, hopefully swmbo and young eb are feeling better. its still your fualt you do know, no matter what...:D

Before we had a generator during the hurricanes we would heat wather on the turkey fryer and just take a bath. Sometimes we heated it enough and got a good bath, sometimes we misjudged and got Luke warm.

Back