Georgia brewer getting back in the game!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammy33

Reaction score
Man I am glad I found this site. :mug:

I dabbled in some home brewing about 5 years ago. I brewed a couple of batches and had minimal success. The first batch had some off flavors with a load of butterscotch (diacetyl?). The second batch was a bit better. An Edme extract kit if I remember correctly.

I am wanting to get back into brewing but am starting from scratch basically. I kept my boiling pots but sold all my other equipment. What's the best way to get started again with a limited budget?

I just started back about 6mo ago and I was in the same situation. I started with plastic 5gal carboy jugs and then a bucket with a spigot in it for bottling... pretty simple. I do my brewing at my family home in Duluth. It is good to hear that you have come back to the hobby!!

Check out northern brewer or austin homebrew they have some kits there that can get you started for 100$ or less

Thanks for the warm welcome. I am seeing lots of Georgia brewers on the site here. Is there a local homebrew club or brew crew meeting place?

There are a few clubs. Go to the top banner on the HBT site and click on "clubs" and then in Ga you will see there are 7 clubs registered with HBT.

Back